"no bigger than the space between his eyes"

lsd61377

the rule of thumb is feeders should be no bigger than the space between their eyes. So , I'm wondering does that mean the LENGTH of the feeder or the WIDTH of the feeder? I'm thinking of trying larger crickets with our veiled cham but don't want him to choke either. He takes down fairly large hornworms and superworms without problem. Right now I would say he's got about an inch between the crests of his eyes. Thanks in advance.

Head of the feeder should be no bigger than the space between the eyeball ridges on the top of the skull(B). "worms" etc can be an unlimited length.

Head-crests-in-chameleons.jpg

Good point^ also the big ones can hold so strong to branches that it can potentially strain the Cham’s tongue.

Even large roaches, or really almost anything, can give off a good bite at a certain size. Definitely be aware of it, don’t want mouth infections… An adult hisser bit my guy one time, which drew blood, because he held it in his mouth at just the right point where the roach bit down(I cleaned with chlorhexidine and swabbed Manuka honey which healed it up easily). Roaches aren’t even known biters like hornworms/crickets/super worms/many beetles, but anything that is being fatally bit into is also going to reactively bite down.

Back
Top Bottom