Nile Crocodile Feeding!

Millz&Jukka

Avid Member
I've been volunteering in Uganda at UWEC and today we got to feed the Nile crocodiles! They're being trained to jump up for their food but not overly enthusiastic so it's still very early, but very good enrichment for them, plus very fun for volunteers like me to try out haha! Not sure how to attach videos sadly but here's some pics :D

Attachments

• croc4.jpeg
    croc4.jpeg
    137.1 KB · Views: 95
  • croc1.jpeg
    croc1.jpeg
    133.7 KB · Views: 101
  • croc4.jpeg
    croc4.jpeg
    137.1 KB · Views: 100
  • croc1.jpeg
    croc1.jpeg
    133.7 KB · Views: 100
This is awesome so when they are released we can watch them pull people out of boats (I know they don't release the big ones back).. Can't wait! Just kidding!
Great job and they are amazing (very old history) animals... Survivors before and probably after humans. More pics of your adventures please.. This is a great teaching tool for those not sure what to do with their time.. (y) (y) (y) (y) (y)

Just passing on info about that can be looked up. The show was maybe Natgeo and topic Giant Crocs. During the research one of the hosts was eaten by a croc (they think) and it was gopro videoed. I kept pausing the moment but saw something a little to blurry. It was a good episode.. Doing topic only to be lost / eaten by main topic.. Crazy!

There was a video but can't. find anymore.. Here is the head line "ABUJA, Nigeria Dec. 10, 2010— -- A pair of American kayakers who escaped a crocodile attack that killed their famed guide are "devastated" by the death of Hendrik Coetzee.

I saw that on "I Shouldn't Be Alive" or something on (maybe?) Animal Planet years ago! Insane (but sad and scary) story with hippos and everything, too!

This is awesome so when they are released we can watch them pull people out of boats (I know they don't release the big ones back).. Can't wait! Just kidding!
Great job and they are amazing (very old history) animals... Survivors before and probably after humans. More pics of your adventures please.. This is a great teaching tool for those not sure what to do with their time.. (y) (y) (y) (y) (y)
These guys can't be released again as they were brought in (one for health issues that prevent it from behaving naturally all the time, the other ate a woman and her baby when he was in the wild so they took it in rather than had it killed...) so neither are going to be released worry not 😅 tb these guys are so spoiled with not having to hunt that they cant be bothered to try much to 'catch' it hence why the training is to get them moving and acting more naturally haha! I'll add some more images of stuff I did on this tread :D

Here's some pics from when we had to de-tick the rock pythons, do a PM on a common potto, went to Mbamba swamp to see the wild shoebills (as A Level results celebration haha), training the baby elephant to lift her feet and open her mouth so health checks can be performed easier and with no anaesthetic, a cool looking mantis (if anyone know species that would be awesome), treating a new rock python about 3+m long who had been beaten and had wounds on his eyes and body along with ocular proptosis, feeding Sushi the shoebill who was one of my favourites, doing daily rounds of all the animals to ensure they're all healthy and we pick up on small issues early on, and finally learning proper snake restraint for anything bigger than the baby royals at my local reptile shop:ROFLMAO:I've got more too but they're on my phone so I'll upload them later

Attachments

• DSC_0181.JPG
    DSC_0181.JPG
    190.9 KB · Views: 78
  • DSC_0227.JPG
    DSC_0227.JPG
    228.4 KB · Views: 76
  • DSCN0268.JPG
    DSCN0268.JPG
    236.6 KB · Views: 83
  • IMG_7158.JPG
    IMG_7158.JPG
    403.5 KB · Views: 83
  • IMG_7279.JPG
    IMG_7279.JPG
    272.9 KB · Views: 86
  • IMG_7308.JPG
    IMG_7308.JPG
    329.7 KB · Views: 83
  • IMG_7313.JPG
    IMG_7313.JPG
    406.8 KB · Views: 78
  • IMG_7434.JPG
    IMG_7434.JPG
    284.6 KB · Views: 77
  • IMG_7458.JPG
    IMG_7458.JPG
    132.1 KB · Views: 87
  • OLBE3506.JPG
    OLBE3506.JPG
    109.9 KB · Views: 78
Great! What is in pic 5? looks like a snake with stump for an arm (or branch). Shoebills are so cryptic.. Thanks for sharing.

lol I see it now---I was hoping for a vine snake and that is what I saw in the wing area (head of an Anaconda then could not figure out the body). Great work! Volunteering is so important too... Do you get assistance from Global Conservation Force? Son does lots of events for them and wondering how far the "Big Picture" works.
Off topic-- sorry that is how i work and gather info....

lol I see it now---I was hoping for a vine snake and that is what I saw in the wing area (head of an Anaconda then could not figure out the body). Great work! Volunteering is so important too... Do you get assistance from Global Conservation Force? Son does lots of events for them and wondering how far the "Big Picture" works.
Off topic-- sorry that is how i work and gather info....
I didn't get any help really I just went direct to UWEC to book, had to pay for accomodation etc but I'd love to volunteer more in the future, what sorts of events does you son do for them? sounds really interesting!

Here's some pics from when we had to de-tick the rock pythons, do a PM on a common potto, went to Mbamba swamp to see the wild shoebills (as A Level results celebration haha), training the baby elephant to lift her feet and open her mouth so health checks can be performed easier and with no anaesthetic, a cool looking mantis (if anyone know species that would be awesome), treating a new rock python about 3+m long who had been beaten and had wounds on his eyes and body along with ocular proptosis, feeding Sushi the shoebill who was one of my favourites, doing daily rounds of all the animals to ensure they're all healthy and we pick up on small issues early on, and finally learning proper snake restraint for anything bigger than the baby royals at my local reptile shop:ROFLMAO:I've got more too but they're on my phone so I'll upload them later
Awww, that baby elephant!!!! My heart! 🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰

Back
Top Bottom