Nightmair / dream

Toothless the cham

Established Member
Okay so let's just make this a thread about nightmares and dreams that we had as a chameleon keeper. I will start off with a nightmare I just had last night.

So it started off with me going into my room to check on my chameleon. When I went to my room I noticed he was I noticed he was on his branch and he was about to fall off. I tried to put my hands in this cage to catch him but I was too late and you already fell. When I went to look at him I noticed his eyes were bleeding and he was gaping. Let me just remind you that this is it was a dream and not anything else real. At this point I was freaking out and I searched up on my phone how to get to a vet. As if I couldn't figure that out I went on to chameleon forms and posted a thread called bleeding eyes. after nobody responded for an hour and my chameleon was starting to turn darker it was nighttime somehow so I fell asleep and hoped it would be better in the morning. In the nightmare I had a dream somehow about about being all better. when I woke up in the nightmare somehow my cousin was over and he told me that in the nighttime my chameleon somehow escaped and jumped off cliff. I wasn't sure how that happened so I asked him. he said something along the lines of if your chameleons eyes are bleeding then they kill themselves or something like that.

I know that was kind of dark and you probably don't want to hear that so it's kind of interesting to me. as I said in the beginning let's make this post where we could share our dreams or nightmares about chameleons and our journeys keeping them.

And if you do have anything you want to share close to here if you don't just get this post or come back to it when you want to share.

So I have had two Beman dreams since I got him. The first one was back in November when I was reading all about parasites and stool samples. That one was me in a room with 100's of stools in baggies LOL! The second one was of me sitting at my desk working and Beman was sitting next to me on his plants. I was talking to him like I normally do and out of no where he talked back. I thought this one was pretty humorous because he was talking about his desire for a larger free range area and that he would rather have horn worms every day instead of 2 times per week. That one was a few weeks ago. :)

I did have another dream but this one I'm going to explain slightly shorter. so two forces page was an entire ecosystem there was like chickens frogs toads pretty much anything that you can imagine and he was in a small cage in the back somehow. And then out of nowhere tons of other chameleons that were just like cartoons but they started to attack him. I left him because I thought he could defend himself and this was about the first day I got him. When I got back I never saw him again. Then I woke up.

I did have another dream but this one I'm going to explain slightly shorter. so two forces page was an entire ecosystem there was like chickens frogs toads pretty much anything that you can imagine and he was in a small cage in the back somehow. And then out of nowhere tons of other chameleons that were just like cartoons but they started to attack him. I left him because I thought he could defend himself and this was about the first day I got him. When I got back I never saw him again. Then I woke up.
Yeah it is interesting how our anxieties can come out in our dreams. Especially when we are younger like you are. My daughter was like this too as she has gotten older her dreams have shifted into happier ones. :)

interesting thread here, i'll go ahead and chime in with my own so I was feeding Apollo like always and doing a deep clean on his cage when suddenly he starts talking to me!!! he goes, hey... you missed a spot! I want my cage to be clean!!! stands up on two legs, walks over to my container of hornworms and starts chowing down, weirdest dream ever! not even anxious at this point just down right strange!!

Oh my goodness, I feel like less of a freak for having nightmares about my chams! One dream that I’ll never forget was about my old veiled, Veruca. She was gravid and was doing all that egg-laying jazz. I had taken it out once she was done and I don’t remember ever cleaning it out for some reason??? A week later or so I remember waking up to HUNDREDS of baby chams all over the place and I was so overwhelmed and confused as to what happened.... Needless to say, I was so glad that that was just a dream! :ROFLMAO:

My nightmares normally center on either walking into a room in my house and seeing cages upon cages of poorly chameleons and realizing that I've had these pets that I've forgotten I have and they are all dying. Alternatively (and marginally better), I walk into a pet store and they have a ton of chameleons that are all caged together and I find out I can take them all home (perhaps this dream leads to the other one?). In any case I'm usually panicked when I wake up and need to make sure that I only have 2 chameleons, not 50!

Mine was pretty funny. My cham Oscar was chilling on his brach and laying on my bed watching him and all sudden he says he likes waxworms so I'm like, wtf. then use his tiny little hands to push cage door into the other room somehow and says he has to get the giant waxworm on the loose. Then he jumps out windows and he grows wings. Idk how my brain comes up with this

Lol this is weird that this has actually turned out to be a thing. I had a nightmare that my neices dropped Chameleo all the way down to the basement from the upper level of our house. We live in a 3 storey house with 12' ceilings and a spiral staircase that goes from basement to upper level right through the center of the house.

Now that I think about it, its probably more of a "spiral stair case" nightmare as I always had them about our kids falling down when they were younger as well.

So my female veiled melon is currently Gravid and should be laying her eggs soon.

About a week or so ago I had a dream that I went to check on her in the morning and her cage was filled with eggs like thousands of them and she kept on laying more. I started to panic like what do I do with all these what do I do with her. I think I woke up after that but just remember all the eggs and the panic.

Back
Top Bottom