night time temps.

chameleons will do fine with temp drops down to 50-55 degrees F, i prefer not to have it that low because it is uncomfortable for myself to sleep, so keep it around 65-58 at night, but yes 50-55 degrees F

ok thanks lol my cham cage is in my basement (man cave) and it gets kinda chilly there at night.. nothing below 60 degrees though.

i wish i could keep my reptiles in a downstairs basement. they are all in my bedroom, and we just found out last winter that my room is the only room in the house that is NOT insullated. Wtf is that? though it isn't drafty at all, it's a bit of a pain to maintain level consistency, but i'm sure we ALLLLLL go through complications with that no matter how far along we are in our chameleon journey.

that and i seem to have a horrible problem with my cage leaking water at the bottom.. I have the bottom and three of the sides wrapped in plastic and the plant in a pot and i also have dirt at the bottom and under the cage i have some carpet squares that the cage is stacked on and yet some how those carpet squares seem to get soaked some how?!?!? I have a dripper and that is dripping right on the plant and any excess water runs down the plant into its pot (watering the plant). I mist the cage a couple times a day and that is it, and yet some how it seems to get soaked at the bottom.. How is this?!?!?

that is one problem i hate about screen cages, you're bound to have spray outs, or wet conditions around the cage at times. do you have any type of drainage? it is very easy for water to bounce off leaves, hit and go through the screen cage. i've stapeld corrugated plastic board to my wood enclosures, and have holes drilled for drainage in a plexiglass floor

I have a board on the bottom of the cage and my plant in the center of the cage I have plastic wrapped around the bottom of that. below the actual screen cage (between the cage and the surface the cage is setting on) i have more plastic wrapped around the bottom of the cage and it still leaks like crazy?!?!

im assuming you used plastic wrap? ya,, doesnt work. been there done that. any chance of taking a picture and posting your setup? i would be more than happy to give you some tips. enclosure set ups are my specialty :D

thank you, i will do my absolute best to help you. in the mean time until you find a solution. just fine mist his cage maybe longer or once more than normal and dont use the dripper all day, i know jacksons like to drink and need the high humidity, but if his urates have been conststantly nice and white for the last while, he will be fine for a day or 2 until you fix the leaking.

Back
Top Bottom