night time heat bulbs?

Chameleon Punk

hi im justin and im getting a new baby from Screameleons and i live in an area where my house may get cool at night so i was wondering what typ of bulbs were best i have a zilla night red heat incandesent bulb but im not sure if it will stress the little thing out so i am asking you guys what is the best bulb for night heating? that wont keep awake or stress out my new baby.
thank you.:D

i live in upper new york state verry close to the us canada boarder and the valley i live in gets really bad even in these months.

Does it get below 60 degrees in your house (it usually doesn't in most homes)? If so then a better option would be a space heater or a ceramic bulb because at least those don't put out any light. But if It stays within reasonable temperatures indoors then you may not need one at all.

No you shouldnt need a heat bulb. You heat your house right? They dont requrie heat bulbs for night time. If you are going threw Screameleons they can tell you why. They are pretty close to you. They may have a idea for what you need to do. Just email them. I have 2 panthers from them. And they are very good about answering your questions.

yeah i have been emailing them constantly about little things and they said the heat bulb was a good idea i just wanted a 2nd opinion. you know?

i dont mean to question the experience at screameleons but i am just really nervouse and excited to get my first chameleon and just want everything to be perfect.

Does it get below 60 degrees in your house (it usually doesn't in most homes)? If so then a better option would be a space heater or a ceramic bulb because at least those don't put out any light. But if It stays within reasonable temperatures indoors then you may not need one at all.

it dose often in the winter and the space heater is a great idea thank you.:)

Im shocked. But I would have to say listen to Screameleons. They know more than me. I just wouldnt get one that put off any light. And try to make the night time temps in the 60's to 70's. They can handle cool nights.

My little space heater works well for my chams in the winter (my place has like no insulation)! It's good that you are checking up on things now! You just want to avoid lights (even dim blue or red lights) at night because it can disturb their sleep cycle

you are doing the right thing by questioning. The thing is you try and simulate the environement for your chameleon as if it were living in the wild. The rainforests are dark at night. There are people whose night temps get down into the 50's and they do not heat their cages! Their chameleons survive!!!! You really don't need a light at night to distract from their sleeping patterns. My chameleon would never sleep with a red light on. I have to cover his cage at night. He likes it pitch dark. Just giving you some other opinions here.

I live in Montana, just south of Canada, so I understand your weather. it has snowed here the last 2 days. I use a space heater for the chams downstairs. I played with turning it on and off until I got it to come on a 63. That way the room doesn't go below 60. Works like a charm.

yeah that is what i was afraid of doing. my house is like over 90 years old and little insilation. the room im setting the chameleon in is newly renovated and better isilated than the rest of the house but the house in general not the warmest place lol.

thank you i have a space heater allready so if weather dose go south once again i can keep the area above 60 and quiet and dark lol you guys are all a big help.

The biggest problem with a nite heat lamp is ,they zap your humidity to nothing.And if you mist at nite you could end up with mold issues.Our house drops to 60 at nite in the winter. And my panthers do fine.IF your cham is in a bedroom try setting up a 20 gal aquarium in the same room. They help with humidity and it will help keep the temp up a little as long as the door is closed to that room. Oh and trust Vincent!!! he knows his panthers...

that makes a lot of sence ... i will avoid the night lamp it is gettin gmuch warmer than last week i think the weather is finaly getting better. so ill experiment in a diff cage with nothing in it in a diff room and see the out come befor winter comes back that dang father winter ruins everything lol... and i do trust vincent i just want to be 100% sure of everything.

thats why i ordered his starter pack instead of anyone elsses he seem like a cool person in these matters.

Back
Top Bottom