Night temps

2134bean

So with it getting hotter in summer, my chameleon enclosure stays at about 80 to 84 at day and around 70 at night time. I know my night temps need to be lowered but I'm currently building a reptile room and until then I was wondering what I could do. She is in my bedroom and we keep the door cracked with a fan pulling the cool air in. We don't have an air unit in the bedroom so we keep the living room very cold to counteract. We also have a cat so we have to keep the door barely cracked so I know that doesn't help. She is in a mesh enclosure and we try to keep her humidity levels down aswell.

How high off the floor is your enclosure? I have my enclosures sitting about 3’ up from the floor and have 4 cats (one of which is still a kitten) and haven’t had any issues. However, there is no room for the cats to get onto anything beside the enclosures. A night time temp drop to 70 isn’t that bad. I keep my house at 72-73.

I have it sitting on a table so it's elevated, and yeah my cat just stares and I don't want anything to happen while I'm at work. And that's good, I always thought temps need to go down to 60 but my day temps are around 80 and night temps at 70. That's alright?

You want to put in an air conditioner for her room then. Either a portable that vents out the window or if your in a high humid area do the window unit air conditioner. Your daytime temps are too hot for her as well so this will help with both daytime ambient levels and your night time drop you need. Black out curtains on windows help keep the heat out as well.

If you are fogging at night you have to have your night time temps below 67 degrees.

Yeah I'm currently building a reptile room with air conditioning, I just mist before lights go on and off and I set a dripper up during the day. Also there are no windows in the rooms she's in and only one door out so it gets kinda stuffy in there. We keep the door cracked but like I said having a cat is a struggle. Just looking for a temporary solution while the room is being built.

You want to put in an air conditioner for her room then. Either a portable that vents out the window or if your in a high humid area do the window unit air conditioner. Your daytime temps are too hot for her as well so this will help with both daytime ambient levels and your night time drop you need. Black out curtains on windows help keep the heat out as well.

If you are fogging at night you have to have your night time temps below 67 degrees.
In the reptile room I have a window unit. I do like in alabama so it's hot and humid.

I have it sitting on a table so it's elevated, and yeah my cat just stares and I don't want anything to happen while I'm at work.
IME, cats don't just stare; they observe, study, and wait for opportunities. This isn't an evil thing; it's just normal cat behavior—they're hunters by nature.

I just mist before lights go on and off and I set a dripper up during the day. .... Just looking for a temporary solution while the room is being built.
Mist several times (short sessions) during the night. Misting causes the temperature in my enclosure to drop 10 degrees (temporarily) due to evaporative cooling, and raises nighttime humidity.

Back
Top Bottom