Nigel's first adventure!

Wowbango

Established Member
Well...Nigel decided to come out for the first time today after about 2 weeks of owning him! Well...sort of. I was cleaning up some excess water from the bottom of his cage and walked away for about 15 seconds and left the front door open. When I got back, he was crawling up the door and up on top of the cage. When he saw me come towards him, he made a dash to the blinds on the nearby window. He sat there for a while basking in the natural sunlight, and seemed content. All the while I was watching him like a hawk to make sure he didn't fall. Then he started to try and climb up the glass window...and it all happened in slow motion. I saw each of his feet leave the blinds, and his tail slowly start to uncurl and let go of the blinds. I managed to get my hand in just in time to catch him, he fell about 2 inches and that was it! PHEW!

So I pulled him away and then held him for a while. (5-10minutes) He was mostly calm and even posed for a few cool pictures. After a bit, he started trying to crawl up my arm at a rapid pace. I kept switching off hands and he kept making a run! I wasn't sure if he's eager to say hello, or shoot me in the eye, haha. So I decided it was time to go back in the cage! He immediately turned a dark color for about 5 minutes...the whole event probably stressed him a little, poor little Nigel! But he resumed his happy exploring self a few minutes later and then had some yummy worms as a snack. Exciting day!

Attachments

• image1.JPG
    image1.JPG
    44.7 KB · Views: 123
  • image2.JPG
    image2.JPG
    50 KB · Views: 126
  • image3.JPG
    image3.JPG
    49.7 KB · Views: 127
  • image4.JPG
    image4.JPG
    43.2 KB · Views: 118
  • image6.JPG
    image6.JPG
    42.8 KB · Views: 123
What an adventure! :D He is certainly a little cutie. They love being out of the cage and he was probably headed up to your shoulder and onto the top of your head.

Hahaha, JannB, my Juno did that to my husband... climbed right on top of his head and just sat there. I, ofcourse, took photos :D I just don't feel good yet posting photos of me and my family :eek:

What an adventure! :D He is certainly a little cutie. They love being out of the cage and he was probably headed up to your shoulder and onto the top of your head.

I thought this might be the case. But I saw a video on youtube of this one guy who's chameleon crawled up to his shoulder...and then shot him in the eye. I laughed...but then got scared he would do this to me! Haha...Well I'll give him a chance to come out again today, and we'll see what happens!

Yeah it seems like their favorite places are on top of your head or on your back shoulder. Ours do not like up close eye contact.

Yeah it seems like their favorite places are on top of your head or on your back shoulder. Ours do not like up close eye contact.

Yep, he loves to climb up to my head almost immediately when I pick him up. Then he just sits there...almost like "I conquered this!"

It's good to get them used to being handled! One step closer to befriending him. Don't be afraid to take him out unless he really doesn't want to, but hell eventually get used to it and once he knows yours friendly with him he may even start wanting to come out on his own. I'm a firm believer is handleing them everyday, they can be quite friendly pets and get used to you if you spend the time with them

It's good to get them used to being handled! One step closer to befriending him. Don't be afraid to take him out unless he really doesn't want to, but hell eventually get used to it and once he knows yours friendly with him he may even start wanting to come out on his own. I'm a firm believer is handleing them everyday, they can be quite friendly pets and get used to you if you spend the time with them

What I've been doing is leaving his cage door open and he eventually comes out on his own. One he's out, he'll climb into my hand with ease. When he's inside his cage, he's not super willing to come out. Baby steps!

What I've been doing is leaving his cage door open and he eventually comes out on his own. One he's out, he'll climb into my hand with ease. When he's inside his cage, he's not super willing to come out. Baby steps!

I figured out a good step for this, get a plant ant put it by him when you open the door and hell most likely climb onto it and are generally 100 times more friendly and easier to work with once their out

He's now at the point where as soon as I open the cage, he is ready to come out and starts walking towards the door. :D

He's now at the point where as soon as I open the cage, he is ready to come out and starts walking towards the door. :D

thats awesome! mine isnt lol hes around 4 months i think a little younger so but i take him out everyday. he gets a little scared everytime i open it but hell come around, once hes out hes really chill with me and sometimes hell sit still on me for 10 minutes at a time. hes so tiny im scared to take him out sometimes, dont wanna hurt or lose him

Back
Top Bottom