next step: live plants

bayne_928

pascal has a new home! i know mesh is much better for them as it helps with ventilation so today i grabbed a small mesh enclosure to keep pasta on and tomorrow i will be stopping at the plant shop to pick up some plants (wandering jews, pathos, monstera cuttings etc.) i am very excited for pascal :
D8030656-00D0-4CFB-815E-4943CD08D200.jpeg
1DFC10FD-9EF3-455D-B3D6-0D08677A8E55.jpeg
) i also found some poop today. unfortunately it was an undigested bug, but the point is he’s getting where he should be!

pascal has a new home! i know mesh is much better for them as it helps with ventilation so today i grabbed a small mesh enclosure to keep pasta on and tomorrow i will be stopping at the plant shop to pick up some plants (wandering jews, pathos, monstera cuttings etc.) i am very excited for pascal : View attachment 314746View attachment 314747) i also found some poop today. unfortunately it was an undigested bug, but the point is he’s getting where he should be!
The minimum cage size for veiled is 2 ft by 2ft by 4ft

Sorry to say, but like mountain dragon mentioned, he will need a much larger enclosure. Also I'd remove the substrate unless you are going to go full bioactive. Either bioactive or a bare bottom. When you get the larger enclosure and remove the substrates it's best to remove the fake plant and just have live ones.

You'll need a way for the water to drain out of the bottom, otherwise you'll ruin the table.

Sorry to say, but like mountain dragon mentioned, he will need a much larger enclosure. Also I'd remove the substrate unless you are going to go full bioactive. Either bioactive or a bare bottom. When you get the larger enclosure and remove the substrates it's best to remove the fake plant and just have live ones.

You'll need a way for the water to drain out of the bottom, otherwise you'll ruin the table.
i understand! it was the only thing that’s as fully screen in stock and i figured slightly small is better than the glass he was in and because he’s so itty bitty it wouldn’t be the worst thing in the world. like i said, i will be getting some good live plants tomorrow when they open (they’re only open 4 hours a few days a week) and i will be grabbing a few good plants for him. i only have the coco bedding to help with keeping up humidity but j will be sure to get it oht

i understand! it was the only thing that’s as fully screen in stock and i figured slightly small is better than the glass he was in and because he’s so itty bitty it wouldn’t be the worst thing in the world. like i said, i will be getting some good live plants tomorrow when they open (they’re only open 4 hours a few days a week) and i will be grabbing a few good plants for him. i only have the coco bedding to help with keeping up humidity but j will be sure to get it oht
You’ll need to get rid of the coco because he can become impacted if he eats it. And you can order reptibreeze or dragon strand online I think they have in stock

It’s actually a myth that chameleons need all screen it’s dependent on your ambient conditions i live in cold dry northern Indiana so it’s an incredible struggle for me to keep humidity and I had to block off the sides with heat shrink film on that note tho screens are easier to start off with as most misting schedules are made for screen enclosures in mind if you want a cheap screen go to petcos website they usually have reptibreeze xl enclosures for cheap and on sale that’s how I got mine for my Jackson’s and they will ship usually takes a week tho. I’d also add way more hiding plants to make the little one feel secure as it’s very exposed like that and probably won’t go to the ground even if the hiding spots are there

It’s actually a myth that chameleons need all screen it’s dependent on your ambient conditions i live in cold dry northern Indiana so it’s an incredible struggle for me to keep humidity and I had to block off the sides with heat shrink film ....
+1, but one word: punctuation. 😁

I can't even count how many here have gotten all-screen enclosures, only to have to modify/wrap them in order to achieve & maintain both humidity and temperature.

Many/most of the better enclosure mfrs. are moving to both hybrid and larger (48 x 24 x 48) enclosures.

Settling and halfway measures are usually a waste of resources, and good intentions sometimes fall by the wayside. Chameleons are fine going directly into a full-size 24 x 24 x 48 enclosure, the only questions being screen or hybrid and standard or bioactive.

If one vendor is OOS, another probably has one, and IMO, a few dollars difference isn't worth quibbling over in the scheme of things.

Back
Top Bottom