next reptile expo in mississauga/gta?

I was so looking forward to the end of February! I am slightly disgruntled i have to wait longer it already seemed like forever since the last one! :p
I would be interested in having get togethers/meetings perhaps on expo dates at a coffee shop or something? I try my best to come to all the mississauga shows.

If anyone is organizing a chameleon club for the greater Toronto area, I'd be happy to take names , email addys and details from folks coming to my table at the next Reptile Expo. Just let me know who wants the list and I'll pass it to them after the expo.

To protect the public from any potential scam or spam, I'd expect the organizer would already be a forum member prior to today.

Hi Guys, I volunteer myself to get the Canadian Chameleons Club Started. Lets get the ball rolling, I'll organize de club and anybody interested on helping or getting the details, please PM so we can get arrange a get together for the Mississauga show.

Cheers

I think Ekproject has already volunteered to organise the club as of last week .

yes i do belive so, i pm'd him my info and suggest others interested do the same so a list could be made and then we can try to meet up at a spot at the show ( harry's table??? ) at a specific time and see who all shows up.
just my thought

If anyone is organizing a chameleon club for the greater Toronto area, I'd be happy to take names , email addys and details from folks coming to my table at the next Reptile Expo. Just let me know who wants the list and I'll pass it to them after the expo.

To protect the public from any potential scam or spam, I'd expect the organizer would already be a forum member prior to today.

this is also a great idea for others who may show up at other times and still be interested

Yea I agree the best option I believe would be to meet up at harrys table around a specific time, but beyond that I think Chameleoholic is talking about getting an actual CLUB going for people to join, beyond meeting up at the expo.

Yea I agree the best option I believe would be to meet up at harrys table around a specific time, but beyond that I think Chameleoholic is talking about getting an actual CLUB going for people to join, beyond meeting up at the expo.

Yeap, If someone else has already volunteered it's OK, my idea though is to have actually a more formal club, where we can get info related to the hobby here in Canada, like a newsletter, deals on cages, where to get feeders, who is working with what, who has chameleons available and where, group purchases, etc.

If none volunteers for such thing, I can do it, with our own website and everything, just let me know. Maybe Ekproject and I can work together on it.

Yeap, If someone else has already volunteered it's OK, my idea though is to have actually a more formal club, where we can get info related to the hobby here in Canada, like a newsletter, deals on cages, where to get feeders, who is working with what, who has chameleons available and where, group purchases, etc.

If none volunteers for such thing, I can do it, with our own website and everything, just let me know. Maybe Ekproject and I can work together on it.

Edgar, if you want to organize a group that mirrors your new website and business model, then that is great, but please distinguish the difference between a business and a non- profit community group.

This conflict of interest is the very reason why I didn't volunteer to put this together, as it clearly would blur the lines between my business and the group, just as you will encounter.

Proposing group purchases of items or chameleons, when you are selling the same on your website seems contradictory and conflicting to me.

Good luck

well whoever decides to do it, i can definatly help out if its needed, i dont neccesarily have time to organize the whole thing but would really love to be involved. i just want to meet up with some other cham owners as there are not many people around me and be able to put faces to names LoL. i plan to meet up with anyone who wants at the expo, if the others who are interested want to pm me with a cell # or something i can send out a text the day of but im thinking about saying lets meet at the main ent of the expo at like 12noon, as well as have a sign up sheet a chromas table so others who are not there at 12 could leave their name and info then we can set up a meet somewhere again or set reg meetings

Honestly, I'm saying put together something simple like a FB group of just a plain mailing list with meetup times etc. and we can go from there.

Hello all..as for this subject i have been in contact with Chroma chameleons and with hoj..what i was going for was just a little club for the gta where we could meet up somewhere every couple months and get to know one another..everyone has different knowledge and experiance and we can all learn from each other. i talked to chroma chameleons about his table..he seemed ok with having a sheet for anyoe interested but made a good point that having his table as a "meeting place" would cause disturbances at the show itself..it would cause a large group around his table, a gridlock at the show, and potentially people would miss his booth...which are all understandable so i dont want to meet at his table..also about making our own website and what not..im totally kool with that idea..my only concern is i dont want to take people from THIS forum and website..i dont want to step on anybodys toes and i dont want to cause any problems..as i stated in another post we are all here for the same reasons and same interests. as hoj said pm me your info and number and we can get the ball going..and anybody interested in helping would be awesome..the more hands the better and quicker

Hello all..as for this subject i have been in contact with Chroma chameleons and with hoj..what i was going for was just a little club for the gta where we could meet up somewhere every couple months and get to know one another..everyone has different knowledge and experiance and we can all learn from each other. i talked to chroma chameleons about his table..he seemed ok with having a sheet for anyoe interested but made a good point that having his table as a "meeting place" would cause disturbances at the show itself..it would cause a large group around his table, a gridlock at the show, and potentially people would miss his booth...which are all understandable so i dont want to meet at his table..also about making our own website and what not..im totally kool with that idea..my only concern is i dont want to take people from THIS forum and website..i dont want to step on anybodys toes and i dont want to cause any problems..as i stated in another post we are all here for the same reasons and same interests. as hoj said pm me your info and number and we can get the ball going..and anybody interested in helping would be awesome..the more hands the better and quicker

ya ek i was reading that about harrys table makes sence, but maybe we cam meet at the main entrance at a specific time and we will leave a sign up sheet at harry's table. so all interested just pm EK and him and i will chat and figure it out ie ( send out a text or msg with detailes )

Edgar, if you want to organize a group that mirrors your new website and business model, then that is great, but please distinguish the difference between a business and a non- profit community group.

This conflict of interest is the very reason why I didn't volunteer to put this together, as it clearly would blur the lines between my business and the group, just as you will encounter.

Proposing group purchases of items or chameleons, when you are selling the same on your website seems contradictory and conflicting to me.

Good luck

Sorry if I gave you or anyone a wrong impression, it was not my intention. I'm focused on my breeding project, and nothing else to offer. Thanks for the advice though, much appreciated. I'll be happy to be a member and assist if necessary.

Sorry if I gave you or anyone a wrong impression, it was not my intention. I'm focused on my breeding project, and nothing else to offer. Thanks for the advice though, much appreciated. I'll be happy to be a member and assist if necessary.

what is your breeding project consist of?

Back
Top Bottom