Newbie Veiled Chameleon Mom

shedevil7953

How do I know what normal stool looks like? What I've seen so far in my young cham that I've had 2 weeks now is one part brownish and another part yellowish-creamish-white. They are not always together. Is this normal? Does anyone have a picture of a normal stool?

Thanks!

Usually Dave Weldon's picture is referenced for "normal poop" questions:
Please see pictures @ https://www.chameleonforums.com/toilet-matters-lol-8847/#post68761

Yellowish creamy part is called urate and comes out first. It should be white, if it's yellow that is a sign of dehydrated chameleon. Then comes the brown part, le poop.
Okay, saw the pictures. WOW. My next question would be proper hydration. I see all kinds of postings about this. I took out the substrate and am using plain old newspaper. If I mist for 5 minutes or until he starts to drink, the bottom of the tank would be soaking wet. He's still a baby so I've got him in a 10 gal. tank. I've been misting just until I see the run off on the plants. I've only seen him drink one time and that was the 2nd day I had him. I've also been misting the cham but not too long because I can tell he's not crazy about it. I've also tried the drinking cup with pinhole dripping into another cup below it but he just looked at it. I think he didn't care for the cup in the tank catching the water. Maybe I should keep trying that method?

Thanks.

Back
Top Bottom