newbie questions about humidity and spraying

yes, usually 1/2

And ok i will cut down on how many i give her, Thank you.

how much do you usually gave her when she was a baby?
From now on, you might want to start controlling the temp and the food intake, since those will play huge deal when she start producing eggs.

when she was 3 months when i got her, she was eating only around 8 but very small ones, around 1/4 And all hers are dusted with calcium, and d3 every week when she was a baby, now every 2 weeks, Is that good?

Wow it seems I've started something here.
I'll get him a screened cage in a couple mths. The breeder told me I'll be good w/ a 20 g tank for a few mths. I'll be very careful not to roast him when I do get the 100 w MV bulb in a couple days.
He can eat 1/2 " crix.
So he ate a couple crix today and I'll offer a few more today. Maybe put 7 or so in at a time and see what he ate. Hopefully he increases 1 or 2 a day as acclimates to new home. Does this sound reasonable?
Also I clean the bottom with damp tissue. Is this good? Or should I clean with a non toxic cleaner?

Wow it seems I've started something here.
I'll get him a screened cage in a couple mths. The breeder told me I'll be good w/ a 20 g tank for a few mths. I'll be very careful not to roast him when I do get the 100 w MV bulb in a couple days.
He can eat 1/2 " crix.
So he ate a couple crix today and I'll offer a few more today. Maybe put 7 or so in at a time and see what he ate. Hopefully he increases 1 or 2 a day as acclimates to new home. Does this sound reasonable?
Also I clean the bottom with damp tissue. Is this good? Or should I clean with a non toxic cleaner?

Do you have access to nolvosan?

I have a 75 g reef tank and I use a glass cleaner that I got at the fish store and it's safe for all aroung the fish. It says non-toxic. Should be good to clean bottom of tank ..... don't you think?
My cham is still eating about 2 crix and spending most of the time basking. The temps are 83 during day.

Im geussing it probably is good, but justr to be safe, make sure you rinse it well after

And i hope your offering him more then 2... They need more then that.. around 8.

Absolutely, I'm offering at 5 to 8 a day. He just seems be content on couple.
I noticed he seems to bed down early about an hour before light goes out he finds a high stick and wants to sleep. Is this typical?

1/4 " crix man. No 1/2" yet. I highly doubt your cham is big enough at just 3 months to be eating 1/2. That may explain his low crix intake. You will without a doubt see him eat more if you back down to 1/4" Also if theyre too big this can lead to impaction. He should be pooping pretty much everyday, and you can better get to this point by downsizing. Good luck and welcome.

Also, non toxic or not, make sure those chemicals you spray in there are completley dried up before adding your cham, espescially your pet crix. They'll eat/drink anything. While not toxic, keepin mind, anything the crix eat, your cham will also be eating.

Okay Gaerei- I'm going out to get 1/4 " crixs or smaller. I'll put 10 or 12
in at time. Dust calcium every other day and mineral opposite days. How long until I don't dust as often? I also clean by spraying paper towel NOT tank glass. It evaporates immediately. I put 1 sheferalla plant and I'll probably out another in soon. MV light should be here in couple days.
Thanks a Ton!

I know the light has a lot to do with their appetite. So when I get
the MV bulb that should get him hungrier ..... right? Don't they depend on UVA light for appetite and growth?

Okay Gaerei- I'm going out to get 1/4 " crixs or smaller. I'll put 10 or 12
in at time. Dust calcium every other day and mineral opposite days. How long until I don't dust as often? I also clean by spraying paper towel NOT tank glass. It evaporates immediately. I put 1 sheferalla plant and I'll probably out another in soon. MV light should be here in couple days.
Thanks a Ton!

I really beleive you should only put 3-4 in at a Time, i know my chameleon likes that cause when i first started i put 10 - 12 in, and they crawled onto her, so i put 3 - 4 and when shes done those, i add more, Otherwise, they bug your cham..

Atleast it bugs my chameleon... :)

Here's his set up I just got the 100 w MV bulb and put it in. He seems to like the live shefferalla plant. I'll be putting 2 more plants in and takeing out fake stuff over the next week or two. Light is 12" away as instructed and the temp
seems to hold around 82.7.

Attachments

• Tanks_setup.jpg
    Tanks_setup.jpg
    101.8 KB · Views: 105
Back
Top Bottom