newbie question

samf

Hi everyone, I have just got my first veiled. His name is Leon. I got him home yesterday afternoon. My ? is how long will it take for him to trust his new home? As soon as I put him in the cage he climbed up a vine and hasn't come down yet. I put some crickets in yesterday but don,t think he ate. He is kind of just hanging out in one place. Is this normal or am I doing something wrong? I think he is about 2-3 months old. His body is about 2 1/2" long.

Cage Info:
Cage Type - What kind of cage are you using? What is the size?
Lighting - What kind of lighting are you using? How long do you keep the lights on during the day?
Temperature - What temperature range have you created? Basking spot temp? What is the temperature at night?
Humidity - What are your humidity levels? How are you creating and maintaining these levels?
Plants - Are you using live plants? If so, what kind?
Location - Where is your cage located? Is it near any fans, air vents, or high traffic areas?

Chameleon Info:
Your Chameleon - The species, sex, and age of your chameleon.
Feeding - What are you feeding your cham? What amount? What kind of schedule? How are you gut-loading your feeders?
Supplements - What are you dusting your feeders with and what kind of schedule do you use?
Watering - What kind of watering technique do you use? Do you see your chameleon drinking?
Fecal Description - Briefly note colors and consistency from recent droppings.
History - Any previous information about your cham that might be useful to others when trying to help you.
Current Problem - The current problem that you are concerned about.

Pictures can really help as well.
if you could list everything on here we can see if there is anything wrong or if he is just getting used to everything . once you answer these questions everyone will be better able to assist you

Back
Top Bottom