My son bought a veiled chameleon. The problem now is she is egg bound. I listed what I know below. Stopped eating. Took to vet. Said she was constipated. Giving laxatives for a week. Took back. Vet xrayed and now says not constipated but filled with eggs. Didn’t have nesting spot so bought some material today and put her on it. She is taking calcium 3x day starting today. Her hind legs are just laying out to sides. She can’t climb. We covered screen to give privacy. I know we are doing it all wrong. My son did his best but clearly we need to learn a lot. Nearly $400 later and I just want to try to get her through this and educate him and me so we do it right. Sort of need a basic step by step as I get overwhelmed with all the temps humidity. Anyway. How long do we leave her on nest. How do we know when she needs to be closer to light. How do we help her lay these eggs. What next.
- Your Chameleon - veiled chameleon. Female. Supposedly about 5 months old. Have had it about two months.
- Handling - maybe once a week
- Feeding - Crickets in morn and night. About 10 a day. Maybe? Don’t know about gut-loading
- Supplements - none
- Watering - mist leaves. Don’t see it drinking
- Fecal Description - whitish color never tested for parasites?
- History - no
- Cage Type - screen. Dimensions Describe your cage (Glass, Screen, Combo?) What are the dimensions?
- Lighting - What brand, model, and types of lighting are you using? What is your daily lighting schedule?
- Temperature - What temp range have you created (cage floor to basking spot)? Lowest overnight temp? How do you measure these temps?
- Humidity - idk- need help with this
- Plants - no live plants.
- Placement - by door to bedroom. Top of cage is at 5ft. Maybe.
- Location - NY State