Newbie Jackson Misting and Humidity -AGE OF TITO

RFD

1 yr old Jackson, I think? Not sure the guy I got it from had it for 6 months not sure who had him before that So if you can tell age from the picture please tell me

Tito lives - In 12X18X24 cage-- 13W UVB --65W heat light Just hooked up a Monsoon mister-- I was already told MistKing was better but can't take it back.

So need help with misting options and Humidity

Do you keep fogger on 24/7 -- i think I need it

Quick question-- since my humidity is hovering around 55% misting three times a day , 2 minutes every four hours with spray bottle.

How should I set up Monsoon?

Lights come on from 7am to 8 pm

Would it be better for me to mist every 2 hours for 1 minute , 6 cycles a day?

Mist at 9am,11am,1pm,3pm,5pm,7pm - gives cage 2 hours to dry before creating new humid atomsphere

Or

Mist - 2 minutes -- 9am, 11am,1pm,3pm,5pm - maintains more mist in cage during day time. Should really increase humidity.

I also plan on covering the rear of the cage -- once I can figure out best way.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    104.7 KB · Views: 90
I'm not going to try to guess at the age.. all I do know is mine is about 5 inches (to base of the tail) and he's full grown...
I don't do the fogger so cant offer information on that...
His home is a little small.. recommend a minimum of 24X24X48 for an adult.. the taller the better... would also recommend much more climbing vines and greenery...
humidity is good... but you don't want it to stay "wet" in there constantly.. keeping the humidity at a constant high can cause respiratory issues.. I have the monsoon (which works fine for a single chameleon).. the only thing with the monsoon is to make sure it does not run dry... I go through about 1/2-3/4 gallon each day... I have mine set at 2min every 5 hours.. which lets my humidity get up to 55-65 and then drops to about 15-20 before it kicks on again.. and have not had any issues with him not getting enough to drink.. I also have several live plants in with him too which helps... with the live plants, and the monsoon there should be no need for the humidifier...
lighting is ok... want to try to keep it at 12 on and 12 off though...

Back
Top Bottom