Newbie Here - looking for advice

How long should I live live crickets in the enclosure for? Waldo, hangs out in one corner and the crickets huddle up in a different. If he was near them he'd have a feast. There must be at least 6 in one spot, and 4 others randomly hopping around. as well as 2 that Ive been chasing on the outside from cleaning. They've been in there the entire day, do they stay over night? Should I attempt a catch with the possibility of disturbing Waldo? Should I through some greens inside to keep them gut-loaded?

How long should I live live crickets in the enclosure for? Waldo, hangs out in one corner and the crickets huddle up in a different. If he was near them he'd have a feast. There must be at least 6 in one spot, and 4 others randomly hopping around. as well as 2 that Ive been chasing on the outside from cleaning. They've been in there the entire day, do they stay over night? Should I attempt a catch with the possibility of disturbing Waldo? Should I through some greens inside to keep them gut-loaded?

I have been told to remove all the remaining crickets after 15 minutes. The crickets will bite your little guy.

LOl, one by one with chopsticks! :D

Provide shelter and food and dont put too many in to start with and it wont be an issue. :)

Well, i just witnessed my first poop. I must say, I was eager, as disgusting as it sounds. I work as a firefighter and am away from home every other day for 24 hours. Hence the need for all these timers and automatic this and thermostats, etc. I was worried while gone the first day leaving him alone, about as nervous as I was when i sent my kids to school the first day. But I was also looking forward to it as he would have a full free day without me or any of my children glancing into his cage or poking our eyes around looking for him. A full free roam, stress free day and night, figured it would really help him.

Well, i went to glance at Waldo and he was on a branch, just under his basking vine with one hind leg in the air and a nice dropping dangling about ready to fall. as soon as it did I had to look!

It was solid, liquid look but not watery. Dark brown fading to a lighter brown and a white spot in it.

Now, please tell me this is normal =)

Yes its normal. You've had it a week, let it settle in, it'll be fine. :)

P.S best to make sure its not diabetic, can you taste sugar in its droppings?
This is a bad sign.....

yeah! haha. Tastes kind of like crickets? Is that good...haha.

Im giving him his time. Now that I know he can do fine without me keeping constant surveillance, I just check his crickets and go. Or wipe a turd then leave...

smiley_rofl.gif
I had to try! :D

Jammon...i know how u feel...i just got my chamy about 3-4 weeks ago. Cant tell you how many changes i have made since then! My mistking will be arriving in about a week so once again...back to the drawing board ;)

I know. too worried to often. It is another child in the house! My daily routine has now included him, lunch time I feed my kids then check his cage for crickets. Same at dinner. Bath time at night kids are showered, cage is wiped. I say goodbye before I leave for work!!

Not that I am complaining at all

Well, Waldo was a bit explorative today, found him walking a branch and put my hand in his cage to remove some greens for the crickets. I had both hands about 4 inches from each side of him and he came to crawl onto my thumb.

....So i snapped a few pictures.

I talked to the company i bought him from about 3 days ago, 4-5 weeks they said he was when he was shipped out to me. Couldnt be exact on the age but they said (LLLreptile.com) usually receive and sell at that age so it would be their guess he is around their.

Looking healthy or what? I noticed the days (every other 24 hours) that Im away from home for work has really helped him get comfortable with his home.
Looking at the pics, is he looking around the age of 4-5 weeks?

IMG_2443.jpg

IMG_2442.jpg

Back
Top Bottom