New York Metro Reptile Expo 9-7-08

hey, was up there for the last show in july. it was my first show so i dont know how helpful i can be. screameleons had a table set up and that is where i bought my pink panther from. they sell panther chams. from looking around i wouldnt have bought a cham from anyone elses table. there was a ton of cool stuff to look at and tons of fun food to get for the chams too, like the blue horned worms! i drove up an hour and a half to get up there and it was worth it.

hey, was up there for the last show in july. it was my first show so i dont know how helpful i can be. screameleons had a table set up and that is where i bought my pink panther from. they sell panther chams. from looking around i wouldnt have bought a cham from anyone elses table. there was a ton of cool stuff to look at and tons of fun food to get for the chams too, like the blue horned worms! i drove up an hour and a half to get up there and it was worth it.

why not were they kept in bad conditions or something becuase i was hoping on buying an adult or sub adult veiled

I went to the northern berks show in Hamburg on Saturday. I would imagine it will be a lot of the same vendors at the NY show. There were no panthers later in the day but there were mellers and nice veileds. The mellers were kept in poor conditions, you could tell by looking at them and by watching how the guy handled them - tossing them around by their spines. They all had shedding problems and looked lethargic. The veileds were healthy and happy though. Look them over before you buy one and talk to the seller in detail and see if they know their stuff because then its more likely they cared for the animal properly. The woman with the veileds knew hers but the guy with the mellers was out there. Since veileds are the most common I'll bet you find a bunch. And lots of bugs. Have fun!

I went to the northern berks show in Hamburg on Saturday. I would imagine it will be a lot of the same vendors at the NY show. There were no panthers later in the day but there were mellers and nice veileds. The mellers were kept in poor conditions, you could tell by looking at them and by watching how the guy handled them - tossing them around by their spines. They all had shedding problems and looked lethargic. The veileds were healthy and happy though. Look them over before you buy one and talk to the seller in detail and see if they know their stuff because then its more likely they cared for the animal properly. The woman with the veileds knew hers but the guy with the mellers was out there. Since veileds are the most common I'll bet you find a bunch. And lots of bugs. Have fun!

wow poor mellers i was going to go to that 1 but it was about hours away from here and decided to wait for the new york 1 its about half the lenght
thanks

most of the veileds i saw in ny were very young so it depends what age you want, i mean they were tiny like 1-2 inches long. screameleons wont sell their until they are 3-4 months old and they sell them with a guarantee, go check out their website before going to the show.

most of the veileds i saw in ny were very young so it depends what age you want, i mean they were tiny like 1-2 inches long. screameleons wont sell their until they are 3-4 months old and they sell them with a guarantee, go check out their website before going to the show.

Damm i hope i find an older one

Its o.k. if you never been. Alot of snakes and common chameleons I got tired of seeing the same thing over and over. If I go I stay for about an hour or two and then leave.

Depending on where in NJ you are, you might wanna wait a week or two and go to the MARS (Mid Atlantic Reptile Show) show, in Baltimore, Maryland. From southern jersey it's about the same time, but it's bigger, has larger variety etc...You might find more of what youre looking for. Just a thought

Hi guys. We will be there. We were also at the Hamburg show and he is right those melleris were in pretty bad shape. I can't believe they were even asking 150.00 for them. Anyway, we will be there and we have a few baby veileds left that we will have available. We might also have some panthers available. You will most likely find a few breeders in NY that are selling panthers but like someone else said be careful and talk to the people from whom you are purchasing from. I have purchased from a few of these vendors and some have been great and others have not. Just like anything else you get what you pay for but some of the vendors hope to sell to people that don't know what they are buying and will tell them just about anything in order to sell them. Stop in to say hi. We are usually up on the back stage area at the Beeger Boxes/Jungle Jewels table.

Debby

Back
Top Bottom