new vivarium almost finished

mesh

Hello
Been doing my new vivarium for ..... not sure on his name yet.

Here are a few pictures of it and the drainage system i have done. Hope you like it. Just needs the light set up and plants put in.

Will update when finished it

Attachments

• 010.jpg
    010.jpg
    253.8 KB · Views: 199
  • 012.jpg
    012.jpg
    246.1 KB · Views: 235
  • 013.jpg
    013.jpg
    250.2 KB · Views: 191
Found a picture on Google. Then got a poster printer company to print it on waterproof paper for me.

Vivarium now 95% finished. He is now in it. Just need some more plants and a mistking system

Attachments

• 008.jpg
    008.jpg
    236.9 KB · Views: 169
  • 007.jpg
    007.jpg
    244 KB · Views: 157
It looks great! The only thing I would change is the red bulb. White is much better and the chameleon will associate it with heat more. Get a normal household reflector bulb from homebase or B&Q of the same wattage which will do nicely. No need to spend loads on a reptile bulb that is exactly the same.

Cheers for the input. Will do that. What % uvb do you use? I have a 10% uvb in at the moment should i down size the to 5%?

It depends on th height of the viv and how heavily planted it is.5 is plenty if he has good access to the uv light and 10 if it has to travel through a lot foliage.just make sure your cham can escape the uv if he needs to

I would keep the 10.0 I personally use 12% T5 bulb which give ou way more uv. many people will say do not use 10.0 and 5.0 is fine but 5.0 actually give out very little uv and 10.0 not much more!

I would always go for at least a 10.0 with reflector.

Found a picture on Google. Then got a poster printer company to print it on waterproof paper for me.

Vivarium now 95% finished. He is now in it. Just need some more plants and a mistking system

That's a great Idea, what company did you use? Were they online or local?

Back
Top Bottom