New Veiled Owner

I believe I heard it when I was learning basics and it’s made sense to me. There’s no reason to have a dripper running all day or even for hours. It doesn’t give the enclosure a decent dry period if run too long and can increase humidity out of range. Often when drippers are talked about, no specific length of time is mentioned. One of my own newbie mistakes was running a dripper all day, turning Grumpy’s enclosure into a hot humid swamp. I did hear from Bill Strand (podcast maybe?) to the effect that a well hydrated chameleon most likely won’t even take advantage of a dripper.
What would be the rationale for not limiting the length of time a dripper is used?
That would depend... Where you are (and where BS is), I can see too humid could be a problem. Here—and in other areas—it's the opposite, so in many cases every little bit of humidity helps.

Other factors would include whether a mister is used; I can't see having a dripper and a mister.
OTOH, if someone happens not to have humidity issues (or a mister), a dripper might be the primary source of drinking water, which I like to have available 14/7.

Either way I think we have to look at the big/total picture.

Who is this person? He really needs a good dental cleaning. I’ll stick with Rocky Horror’s Riff Raff.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Riff_Raff_(rapper)

I thought it was braces/a grill, but zooming in, it appears his teeth are filed to points—like a Ferengi.

1643816656732.png
1643816866795.png

😎

I want to provide an update on Riff Raff. He's doing amazing. I got him a UVB tube that crosses the width of the enclosure, Temps are doing great, I got the misting system working perfect, some fog action about 30 minutes before the lights come on, and he lets me feed him from tweezers now. Oh yeah, he has real plants all over the enclosure with some dowel rods to get around easier. I will get some pics of the enclosure soon and share them.

Back
Top Bottom