New Veiled and New Cage!

Fastedmclintock

This is my new 4-5 month old male veiled chameleon and his new cage. He is doing great and is eating like a champ. I recently switched him to large crickets, and he eats 6 every day on a regular dusting schedule. Lemme know what u guys think!

2011-01-21_13-51-09_4481.jpg

2011-01-21_13-51-00_1571.jpg

012611211937.jpg

2011-01-22_17-40-56_756.jpg

012611211456.jpg

012611211631.jpg

2011-01-10_11-59-42_764.jpg

2011-01-10_11-59-56_731.jpg

Look at that fierce little guy! :D He looks good and the cage looks really good too. I see that a lot of the plants look fake, which is fine, just watch that he doesn't start eating the plants.

Thanks guys! Yea im on the look out for the concern with the plants. I am going to soon build a bottom to attach to the cage to make it taller and im going to get some real plants in there.

He looks amazing! I wish females also got really colored! Your cage looks really nice as well! I'm new to the forums and i love seeing everyones chams.

I was wondering if 6 large crickets a day is the right amount? All are gut loaded with homemade wet and dry gutloads and dusted with the appropriate supplement depending on the day.

hey looks great, he looks like he is gunna have some nice yellows. your setup looks very nice to, i would concider a few live plants as well, pothos is easy, cheap, and safe. as far as feeding 6 lrg crickets isnt bad, but as he grows he may want upto 12 or 15 a day. i suggest having a variety of feeder. silkworms, supers, butterworms, ect

loooks great tho thx for sharing keep it coming

hoj & Camo

Thanks! At what age should I step it up to 12-15 crickets? and do i keep feeding him everyday? or do i eventually switch to every other day?

Thanks! At what age should I step it up to 12-15 crickets? and do i keep feeding him everyday? or do i eventually switch to every other day?

first off, very nice cage. i really am feeling the flower touch to it. your veiled is quite handsome and looks very healthy! you take great care of him! :)

as far as your question goes, you should never increase with his diet. it should be plenty then decreasing as he gets older. i have what i think, is a really good care sheet for Veileds.

here are the links:
Part 1: https://www.chameleonforums.com/blogs/chameleonsinmyhouse/395-veiled-chameleon-care-sheet.html

Part 2: https://www.chameleonforums.com/blo...e/396-veiled-chameleon-care-sheet-part-2.html

feel free to leave feedback, and i surely hope it helps you get started! congrats on the new guy!

Back
Top Bottom