New Veild Chameleon Owner

Thank you for being the reminder that there are some people that come here that will do everything to make sure their husbandry is perfect for their Cham. It can get a little heartbreaking for us regulars to give out advice that people either fight us on or ignore. You will be a great Keeper. Just remember this is a hobby where you will constantly be learning. Be open to it because recommendations do change as the knowledge of these incredible animals expands. :) Welcome to our Cham family!
Since I began this hobby, ive been completely fascinated and want only the very best for my Cham! It makes things so much easier with people like yourself and everyone else on this forum! For the most part, everyone has been very informative and very helpful! I look forward to being an active member of this forum and learning everything I can! Thank you for the kind words :)

Update: Just spoke with Todd and he suggested that I go with the 6% according to the size of my cage. Going with a 12% would be too much and could potentially burn the Chams eyeballs. He further stated that the perch should be about 8'' under it counting in the screed reducing the UV by 28-ish %. If I were to go with the 12% I would have to raise it up to be about 14'' away from the animal counting a layer of screen somewhere in between. After realizing I had ordered too strong of a bulb, Todd kindly said he would pack me the right bulb and take care of everything! For my first experience with this company, I would give them 10/10 and would recommend anyone to them. Figure I would update everyone just in case someone comes onto this forum and has the same problem im facing :)

Update: Just spoke with Todd and he suggested that I go with the 6% according to the size of my cage. Going with a 12% would be too much and could potentially burn the Chams eyeballs. He further stated that the perch should be about 8'' under it counting in the screed reducing the UV by 28-ish %. If I were to go with the 12% I would have to raise it up to be about 14'' away from the animal counting a layer of screen somewhere in between. After realizing I had ordered too strong of a bulb, Todd kindly said he would pack me the right bulb and take care of everything! For my first experience with this company, I would give them 10/10 and would recommend anyone to them. Figure I would update everyone just in case someone comes onto this forum and has the same problem im facing :)
Good this is why I wanted you to ask him. The amount of bulbs that utilize a reflector changes what the UVI output is. I myself have never used anything besides my quad system so I was unsure of levels with the other units. Todd is wonderful I buy all my stuff from him.

Good this is why I wanted you to ask him. The amount of bulbs that utilize a reflector changes what the UVI output is. I myself have never used anything besides my quad system so I was unsure of levels with the other units. Todd is wonderful I buy all my stuff from him.
He was absolutely awesome and will deal with him from here on out!

Back
Top Bottom