new uvb light

kendalllarue86

is this light ok to use for my jackson cham for uvb uva and basking.he already has a 100 watt red light and a 75 watt basking light but if the Exo Terra 125 Watt Solar Glo Bulb will work for him ill take the basking light out here is the description of the bulb

The Exo Terra Solar Glo Sun Simulating Lamp is the solution to one of the most important aspects of keeping reptiles and amphibians, providing the benefits of natural sunlight. The proper balance of ultraviolet light (including UVA and UVB), visual light and infrared light (heat) in one easy-to-install bulb makes the Exo Terra Solar Glo the choice of professional breeders. The Solar Glo is a full spectrum light with carefully tuned peaks to ensure appetite, activity, brilliant colors, and calcium absorption through Vitamin D3 production, and above all to prevent metabolic bone disease. Product

* Optimal levels of UVB, UVA, visual light and heat in one bulb
* Self-ballasted mercury vapor bulb
* Provides the benefits of natural sunlight
* Helps prevent metabolic bone disease
* Increased UVB penetration distance (+30 cm)
size: 125 Watts

If you use the solar glo you do not need anything else. why are you using two basking bulbs right now? What are your temps with these?

Do a search on the forum for lighting. If you need a night light or heat lamp I would go with infrared not the red bulbs. Full darkness is better, a member on here did a great study on that. As far as your day bulb I always use a zoomed 5.0

If you use the solar glo you do not need anything else. why are you using two basking bulbs right now? What are your temps with these?

day time is like 76 and of course i turn em off and the night time drop is around 71 its winter where im at right now but i also have central air/heat to accomidate my room

Do a search on the forum for lighting. If you need a night light or heat lamp I would go with infrared not the red bulbs. Full darkness is better, a member on here did a great study on that. As far as your day bulb I always use a zoomed 5.0

this one is a basking uvb and all in one and i wont have to have all my sockets in use i have tons of surge protectors and eletrical cords and such in my room i wanna free up some space! and im soon geting a timer then i wont have to do the turn off manualy!

I wouldn't use the sunglo lamp. I would use a linear ZooMed UVB T8 lamp across the top of the cage. Use only a normal household lamp for the basking spot. Do not use colored heat lamps. They don't emit spectra that is 'natural' to the chameleon. They won't think 'oh, red means warm like a french fry heat lamp'. If you can, buy a dual linear T8 fixture and buy a 6500K lamp to go along side of the UVB lamp. 6500K is a spectra of light that will grow live plants and provide a more natural light to your chameleon and add brightness to the cage. A single linear lamp and heat lamp isn't enough light IMHO for chameleons.

Back
Top Bottom