New to this..

thanks for all the info guys, if i get a veiled i probably will get a male for at first, id be to worried about the egg laying, and because its my first i probably should stick to the males. Does any one know the life expectancy of any of those ?

Roughly 6-7 years from what I've heard

Hello :)
My names Danielle I joined the forms a few days ago. Im interested in getting a chameleon, ive narrowed it down to
male jax
female veiled
or a senegal
any tips :D

ps- would love a panther buuut tooo expensive for first cham

my first was a male panther and ever since, i've been hooked.

My 1st was a male panther. I lost him when his cage blew over in the backyard back in March.

I now have a male verrucosus named Chazam. Here he is:
https://www.chameleonforums.com/chazam-went-ballistic-87763/ :D

I'm currently in the market for another male panther. :)

max...i've got some nice male panthers for you. they're calling out your name when i feed them..."max, max, max" LOL ;););)

welcome

It really all depends on what you like. I currently have jacksons and vaileds. I used to have panthers. But my favorite is my female jackson patron. She loves to be held. She hangs out with me all the time. Each chameleon is different and has there own traits regardless of there breed. I used to breed and raise jacksons and i can tell you they were all different. Regardless of what breed and sex, its very rewarding. Just be sure to get a healthy one froma good breeder, must pet stores dont give them the attention or set ups they need, and there not the healthest.

a cross breed panther such as an ambi/banja cross like mine is a bit more $$$ (kind of like a designer cross dog ie yorki-poo) but when that cross has babies they cost less than a normal cham bc just like the dog they are now considered mutts. but its hard to find those bc people dont cross locales very much because the whole point of a locale is to have the differences...
a good idea IMO for a cage is to get a already made cabinet, and cut out the center of each side like a cage and you can then seal and attach screen. obviously this is not a detailed instruction sheet, just something to think about and play with

What kind of panthers would yield the more impressive prices for babies? I'm considering a panther with the intention of eventually breeding them in a year or so and hadn't yet come across this yet! Always so much to learn about these little creatures.

What kind of panthers would yield the more impressive prices for babies? I'm considering a panther with the intention of eventually breeding them in a year or so and hadn't yet come across this yet! Always so much to learn about these little creatures.

it all depends on their bloodline. like our veiled was more expensive because he came from newtons bloodline.
if you plan on making money breeding then dont. i mean. it takes a while for her to lay eggs, then they must incubate, then you must care for them and hope to god you have enough homes for them all. and all that takes a toll on your female. we are breeding our chams but alot of the babies are going as gifts to our friends who are as in love with them as we are.
but as i said. its all in the bloodline. i have seen really gorgeous nosy be's and really ugly ones.
when buying a cham the breeder doesnt always show off the bloodline of the mother but her bloodline will make a difference. so say you want to breed and sell red bar ambilobes, well. if you got a red bar male and a female whos sire was a blue bar.... your babies arent going to come out as they would if she came from a red bar bloodline

Whatever u get, don't say I didn't warn u. Chams r highly addictive!!!! :):):)

hahaha i soo want a panther :p well see how much i got hehe im gunna ask landlady next weekend when i move in, aaaand then build an enclosure muahaha, around here wood is cheap my uncle whos a carpenter said a 2x2x4 foot wood frame would be around 15-20 bucks :)

Hey and welcome to the forums! glad you went here for help a lot of people are very good on here and very helpful. My recommendation by far is to get a male. I am on my first chameleon who is a female Veiled and I worry a lot about her laying eggs. Gets to me sometimes because i don't want anything to happen. But with a boy you don't have to worry about those things so I would recommend the male Veiled or Jacksons. Regardless I love my baby girl but having a boy is just easier. Good Luck!

Hey and welcome to the forums! glad you went here for help a lot of people are very good on here and very helpful. My recommendation by far is to get a male. I am on my first chameleon who is a female Veiled and I worry a lot about her laying eggs. Gets to me sometimes because i don't want anything to happen. But with a boy you don't have to worry about those things so I would recommend the male Veiled or Jacksons. Regardless I love my baby girl but having a boy is just easier. Good Luck!

Im looking into jacksons, annd maaybe saving some panthers and working with a breeder from this site :D Im talking to a few and all are so helpful, im talking to one about getting on a list, another about nosey be haha :) im excited i MAY be able to get a panther after all, hell maybe ill get a female :)

Hello :)
My names Danielle I joined the forms a few days ago. Im interested in getting a chameleon, ive narrowed it down to
male jax
female veiled
or a senegal
any tips :D

ps- would love a panther buuut tooo expensive for first cham

Sup welcome id choose the veiled or jacksons those two are great yea im trying to get my hands on the panther but same as with you expensive but those two are no let downs very amazing to own i have both.

Back
Top Bottom