New to the site!

garydp21

hello , im new to the site, just inheireted a 14 month old male vield, he is 19 inches long from head to tail...and i have a couple questions, he drinks daily but is only eating 3-5 super worms a day, and he isnt really that active, he sits on a limb all day long despite his climb to the water dripper? am i doing something wrong help please!!!!

Chameleon Info:

Your Chameleon - The species, sex, and age of your chameleon. How long has it been in your care?
Handling - How often do you handle your chameleon?
Feeding - What are you feeding your cham? What amount? What is the schedule? How are you gut-loading your feeders?
Supplements - What brand and type of calcium and vitamin products are you dusting your feeders with and what is the schedule?
Watering - What kind of watering technique do you use? How often and how long to you mist? Do you see your chameleon drinking?
Fecal Description - Briefly note colors and consistency from recent droppings. Has this chameleon ever been tested for parasites?
History - Any previous information about your cham that might be useful to others when trying to help you.

Cage Info:

Cage Type - Describe your cage (Glass, Screen, Combo?) What are the dimensions?
Lighting - What brand, model, and types of lighting are you using? What is your daily lighting schedule?
Temperature - What temp range have you created (cage floor to basking spot)? Lowest overnight temp? How do you measure these temps?
Humidity - What are your humidity levels? How are you creating and maintaining these levels? What do you use to measure humidity?
Plants - Are you using live plants? If so, what kind?
Placement - Where is your cage located? Is it near any fans, air vents, or high traffic areas? At what height is the top of the cage relative to your room floor?
Location - Where are you geographically located?

At that age you should be offering him food every other day instead of every day. Are superworms the only thing you are giving him as far as feeders? please fill out the ask for help form above.

Chameleon Info:

Your Chameleon - Vieled , male ,14 months..ive had him for a week now
Handling - i do not hande lemFeeding -
What are you feeding your cham? super worms What amount?10 in a cup What is the schedule? How are you gut-loading your feeders?
Supplements - What brand and type of calcium and vitamin products are you dusting your feeders with and what is the schedule? calcium no d3, multivitamin
Watering - What kind of watering technique do you use? How often and how long to you mist? Do you see your chameleon drinking? dripper all day, and i mist for 5 min twice a day, he drinks
Fecal Description - Briefly note colors and consistency from recent droppings. Has this chameleon ever been tested for parasites? ive only seen him go once this week, yellow and white, and two moist black pellets
History - The previous owner who gave him to me only misted him twice a week! no dripper! and he told me he ate superworms and crickets.

Cage Info:

Cage Type - Screen cage 6'(h)x4'(w)x2'(d)
Lighting - 100 watt basking light, 5.0 uvb, on timers 6 am -9 pm, 75 watt night light from 9-6
Temperature -basking spot 85, lowest part of cage 72 , 75 , electronic thermostat, Humidity - What are your humidity levels? How are you creating and maintaining these levels? What do you use to measure humidity?
Plants - hibiscus, schefflera ,
Placement - in my room, away from vents, top is 7 feet from the ground
Location -Socal

I tried giving him crickets but he dosent even look at them, but he ate 5 worms the first day i got him, than 3 worms the next day , ...i have a vet appointment this friday the 15

Back
Top Bottom