hey guys Im new to the chameleon world!
I was just wondering which is the nicest species of chameleon I personally like
the panter and the veiled.

chameleons are generally not NICE
they can be very defensive

the best species to start with is
veiled chameleon

chameleons are by no means an easy & cheap animal to keep

Welcome, it's all about opinion. :) personally, I really like carpet chams, veileds, usambara pitted pygmies, midget panthers, Senegals, and a few montanes that I don't know the common names of (and I'm too lazy to look up how to actually spell the scientific names.)

edit: I thought you meant looked the nicest... :) chameleons generally aren't nice, but occationally you find one who tolerates handling, or even tries to climb on you. My suggestion is buy an adult who has proven that it tolerates or even trys to get out of the cage.

Last edited:
thanks guys!
I'm thinking between the panther and the veiled but I see that the panther has more coloration than the veilied

panthers are more colorful and more expensive

veileds can be colorful & I love their casques

then again I am a veiled persons:)

how are veileds the best to start with? they are some of the meanest, that's for sure.

Some can be mean, but I can name many who are very nice. We say Veileds are the best starter chams because they are the hardiest, followed by the panthers. I have seen many colorful veileds, JannB's Louie for example, but it really depends on their genetics and how well they are cared for. Panthers are very colorful, but again their colors depend on genetics and care also. You can find some very nice quality chameleons from our site sponsors, and you may get lucky and get a handleable one too.

Back
Top Bottom