New to the forum

Hi all. I'm getting my new baby next week from the great folks at Kammerflage. Currently in process of setting up the cage. I know most say that bare bottom is the way to go and I'm fine with that. But I'm curious as to why? For beginners anyway. I have experience with a bioactive setup because I have dart frogs. Is it more difficult with chameleons than frogs? Not that I plan to try it but just curious.
Oh another question regarding humidity. My house stays near 40% daily...is that good for daytime? Does it need to be higher...I can enclose the sides if needed. I know they need higher at night. I have a mistking mister I'm setting up plus a dripper as well.

Welcome to the forum!

Bioactive isn’t more difficult, actually in my opinion it’s easier than bare bottom. Easier to maintain humidity, less cleaning,
aesthetically more pleasing
Etc...

If your new Cham is a panther you’ll want daytime humidity of 50% - 70%

Last edited:
Welcome to the forum!

Bioactive isn’t more difficult, actually in my opinion it’s easier than bare bottom. Easier to maintain humidity, less cleaning,
Etc...

Thank you! I already keep isopods and springtails cultures for the frogs lol but I'll wait before I try it.
I thought they needed more humidity. I can enclose some of the sides of the cage to help with that. I do have some love plants also so that should help too.

Welcome to the forum!

Etc...

Also yes he is a panther.

Back
Top Bottom