New to the Chameleon world

bleudolphin

I just bought a young panther around 3 months and a adult Jackson. I am still trying to get the temp perfect, but am having alot of trouble stablizing the humidity. What is the best was to do this? Also I have had my Jackson for 2 days and I have yet to see him eat anything. At what point should I start to worry? My panther has quite the appatite. I have had them for a few days now and I noticed that at around 7pm they both go to sleep even though there lights are still on. Should I make this the time I turn off there lights off or is this something I should be worried about? Sorry for all the question just want to make sure I am doing everything right.

Hello!
The best way to get the answers is to browse this forum, because they have been already written somewhere. So read and read and read...;)

Congratulations on your new additions!

Congratulations, Jody, on the new additions to your "family". Any photos yet?

Hello!
The best way to get the answers is to browse this forum, because they have been already written somewhere. So read and read and read...;)

I agree with Vampire.queen. I've been able to discover a lot of things, and answer some critical questions, by using the search button on the toolbar near the top of this page. Jody, probably if you click on it and enter humidity you may find some useful instructions. I'm too much of a newbie to offer you much advice myself, but, some of the experts will probably chime in here when they get an opportunity. I think, right now, everybody's having an especially busy weekend. There are several shows going on this weekend.

In order to get the best answers to your questions, it would help if you posted all pertinent information about your cage set up, lighting, uvb, misting, feeding, etc. As for lighting, I believe a 12 hour day is the norm. I do lights-on from 7AM to 7PM with my veiled (using a timer), but you may have to adjust it to your cham's personal habits.

Enjoy your new little ones! Sandy

Hello Jody. In order to keep the humidity up, I would recommend misting with a hand mister a few times a day (for 5 min or so each time), as well as setting up a drip system. If you want to go all out, you could look in to a misting system. Do you notice food items still in the Jacksons cage after feeding as well, or have you just not seen him eat? I'd love to c some pics when u get the chance!

I find all my chameleons usually get used to what time you shut off the lights and they sometimes start to curl up just before, I have noticed. Kinda like getting ready for bed hehe.
I'm guessing the breeder or previous owner had their lights going out around that same time that they are starting to get comfy to rest.

Please post pics of your animals and their setups, we can all help you a lot more that way plus we will get to see some new blood.. Enjoy and Welcome!

Welcome Jody! You have come to the right place. Don't ever hesitate to ask a question. You can type humidity into the search feature and read the stuff that pops up. Lots of potted plants in the cage will help retain humidity. One plant dries off faster than two plants do after misting. Bye :)

Back
Top Bottom