New to the Chameleon World

Kalieslaney

Hello! I have been doing tons of research for the past couple months and have finally decided on getting a chameleon. I have worked at several pet stores and have taken care of many baby chameleons. BUT I want to ask for opinions and advice. I feel like having one in my own home is going to be VERY different. We have built a cage for the new baby but I have nothing else yet. Suggestions and advice would be amazing! I was never taught properly at pet stores. Thank you!

Hello! I have been doing tons of research for the past couple months and have finally decided on getting a chameleon. I have worked at several pet stores and have taken care of many baby chameleons. BUT I want to ask for opinions and advice. I feel like having one in my own home is going to be VERY different. We have built a cage for the new baby but I have nothing else yet. Suggestions and advice would be amazing! I was never taught properly at pet stores. Thank you!
Start reading through this husbandry program to make sure you found the right info when you were researching. There is a lot of incorrect husbandry info out there and pet stores are notorious for giving out totally wrong info.
https://chameleonacademy.com/chameleon-husbandry-program-getting-started-with-chameleons/

Welcome to the forum and good to see you have been doing your research BEFORE getting a cham as many do not and then run into problems. Good advice from Beman. Read all you can and then ask questions from the forum on anything that may be confusing to you.

Hello! I am very confused as to what lights I should be getting. I thought I had figured out my lists but now I think I need a different light fixture and all. Can anyone posts links to what they use? Thanks !

Hello! I am very confused as to what lights I should be getting. I thought I had figured out my lists but now I think I need a different light fixture and all. Can anyone posts links to what they use? Thanks !
What species are you getting and what type of enclosure? Can you post a picture?

Back
Top Bottom