New to keeping chams need advice on cage setup?

Dmcugy

This is my new setup. I will post pics of my baby veiled cham as soon as im comfortable taking him out lol. Any advice on the cage?

Attachments

• IMG_1272.jpg
    IMG_1272.jpg
    252.5 KB · Views: 192
This is my new setup. I will post pics of my baby veiled cham as soon as im comfortable taking him out lol. Any advice on the cage?

Congrats on getting the baby veiled. Your set up looks nice. Only question, is in front of the lights on your enclosure, it looks like you have two round gauges. I'm guessing Temp and Humidity? I don't think they will do you much good on top of your enclosure;)

Congrats on getting the baby veiled. Your set up looks nice. Only question, is in front of the lights on your enclosure, it looks like you have two round gauges. I'm guessing Temp and Humidity? I don't think they will do you much good on top of your enclosure;)

lol i know just sat them there till i figure out where to put them :p

honestly, do yourself a favor and get a digital temp/humdiity gauge. you can get a combo one at home depot for $10-15. I had the analog ones and was surprised at the difference in temp/humdity reading when comparing the two. Everyone says the digitals are much more accurate and I believe that too!

honestly, do yourself a favor and get a digital temp/humdiity gauge. you can get a combo one at home depot for $10-15. I had the analog ones and was surprised at the difference in temp/humdity reading when comparing the two. Everyone says the digitals are much more accurate and I believe that too!

I agree with Carol on that completely. Go digital, never look back.

Can you possibly post a pic of your Temp/Humidity gauge? I went to Home depot looking for one and asked an associate and it could not be located.

Congrats on your baby:)

Looks good...

Only thing I can think of is that you may want to consider putting something (foamboard, cardboard, anything really) between your cage and the wall. If you hand mist, the spray can often pass through the screen and dampen the wall (or whatever is behind the cage). Over time it will stain the wall slightly and can cause some slight damage... It's not a big deal and you might be fine with nothing back there, I was just trying to play devil's advocate with your setup and that was about all I could find, lol.

Another idea is to put your uv lights on a timer. You can get cheap ones at home depot or lowes. Helps keep the cham on schedule. Good Luck

Back
Top Bottom