New to forum

Cheezilla

Hello everyone! I am new to the forum. I purchased a female veiled chameleon back in February. Did not know much about chameleons so didnt know gender. About two days later unexpectedly after scratching at ground for two days she laid about 15-20 eggs on the bottom of the cage( now in learning perhaps I lucked out having no egg laying basket) . They were infertile . I dont know her age and it's now about to be 4 months into me owning her ..and she seems to be getting big again( could be growing could be developing eggs again?) ..I feed her usually around 5 sometimes a couple more food items every other day (crickets,roaches, idk if she is big enough for superworms or not and sometimes I give her little pieces of greens to her off my finger she seems to like them as much as bugs) using calcium no d3..every other weekend on Sunday I give calcium with d3 rotating with repetitive...so d3 and repetitive twice a month ..also i put bee pollen for now in it and on the side I have a different multivitamin but never used it....will be adding other things I am learning soon . I have a bin for laying eggs but naturally worry about her and was wondering when she should be ready ..her hunger is amazing she raids me when I open the cage but I definitely do not starve her ..I have so much to ask but I will keep my introduction short..thank you so much in advance and hello to all members I look forward to learning alot ..I will send pictures of her and my one month old male baby jacksons after I get a couple responses ..thanks everyone

Welcome on here! I'm attaching helpful links and care images at the end, but would you mind filling out this form in as much detail as possible, including pics of your cham, her entire cage, and her lights, please?

Chameleon Info:
  • Your Chameleon - The species, sex, and age of your chameleon. How long has it been in your care?
  • Handling - How often do you handle your chameleon?
  • Feeding - What are you feeding your cham? What amount? What is the schedule? How are you gut-loading your feeders?
  • Supplements - What brand and type of calcium and vitamin products are you dusting your feeders with and what is the schedule?
  • Watering - What kind of watering technique do you use? How often and how long to you mist? Do you see your chameleon drinking?
  • Fecal Description - Briefly note colors and consistency from recent droppings. Has this chameleon ever been tested for parasites?
  • History - Any previous information about your cham that might be useful to others when trying to help you.

Cage Info:
  • Cage Type - Describe your cage (Glass, Screen, Combo?) What are the dimensions?
  • Lighting - What brand, model, and types of lighting are you using? What is your daily lighting schedule?
  • Temperature - What temp range have you created (cage floor to basking spot)? Lowest overnight temp? How do you measure these temps?
  • Humidity - What are your humidity levels? How are you creating and maintaining these levels? What do you use to measure humidity?
  • Plants - Are you using live plants? If so, what kind?
  • Placement - Where is your cage located? Is it near any fans, air vents, or high traffic areas? At what height is the top of the cage relative to your room floor?
  • Location - Where are you geographically located?

Current Problem - The current problem you are concerned about.

--------------

Please Note:
  1. The more details you provide the better and more accurate help you will receive.
  2. Photos can be very helpful.

ttps://www.chameleons.info/en/
http://www.muchadoaboutchameleons.com/
http://www.muchadoaboutchameleons.com/2012/04/how-to-set-up-proper-chameleon.html
https://www.chameleonforums.com/care/external-resources/
https://chameleonacademy.com/setting-up-a-chameleon-cage/
https://chameleonacademy.com/chameleon-husbandry-program-getting-started-with-chameleons/
https://chameleonacademy.com/veiled-chameleon-care/
https://chameleonacademy.com/plants/

Attachments

• Cham. Academy Plant List.jpeg
    Cham. Academy Plant List.jpeg
    254.8 KB · Views: 105
  • chameleon-food.jpg
    chameleon-food.jpg
    192.3 KB · Views: 99
  • chameleon-gutload 2.jpg
    chameleon-gutload 2.jpg
    188 KB · Views: 89
  • Lay Bin Chart.jpeg
    Lay Bin Chart.jpeg
    145.7 KB · Views: 95
  • Petr Necas Plant List.jpeg
    Petr Necas Plant List.jpeg
    177.9 KB · Views: 144
Veiled females can lay eggs about every 120 or so days once they sort. Controlling their diet and temperatures can lower the number of eggs and even stop reproduction all together giving her a longer healthier life.

She should show gravid colors if she's carrying eggs...but sometimes they drop the colors off n n.

1.Female veiled chameleon (Arnita) .do not know age(hopefully you can help) I have owned her since Feb so now almost 4 months
2. The way I handle her varies. If she wants to come out I let her come out and coach her to my arm. I never take her from inside the cage .when she is out she is out no more than 10 minutes . She will eat bugs and greens off my hand . It's not an everyday thing or nothing to have an exact answer to the amount of how much I have her out but it's less than more of the time .
3. Foods I have two feeders cups in cage I give her around 5 sometimes a couple more items every other day (crickets. Roaches. And greens every now and then)I dust with zoo med calcium no d3..and flukes calcium with d3 rotating with zoo med repetitive. So twice a month for d3 and repetitive. I have a bottle of exi terra multi vitamin I never used yet. I gutload with all types of greens. Bee pollen. Occasional carrot ,apple,orange,yellow squash..fluker orange bites and I am currently looking into spurulina soon.
4. I spray with bottle few times at sun up throughout day and lights out and in night..I also run a dripper down a wall of leaves..I see her drink in morning for sure..feces seems to be on point with how a hydrated should look 5.as far as history she laid eggs on day two with no egg bin. Dont know anything much but it's a girl

Cage- 2x2x4 tall screen with sides and back covered with shower curtain to hold humidity.
I have a t5 ho uvb bulb
Temp at basking usually around 85-90
Humidity stays level around 50 but get it up by spraying and fogger but fogger just broke getting another one soon.
I use a combination right now of fake silk plants and real plants...I have pothos..two types of marantas..two types of wandering jews.two different nerve plants ..a couple others not sure the name they are smaller right now some are getting tall.
I live in ohio about an hour from detroit Michigan..

Only concerns right now is more knowledge on age perhaps... on feeding and caring for the female while having eggs..do I feed more or less... .better gutload instruction ..i am hearing about spurulina so I'm gonna get some......... ...I have a male baby Jackson month old I will get into him later

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210523-181512_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20210523-181512_Gallery.jpg
    68.4 KB · Views: 94
  • 20210523_181228.jpg
    20210523_181228.jpg
    225.9 KB · Views: 93
  • 20210523_181220.jpg
    20210523_181220.jpg
    215.5 KB · Views: 95
  • Screenshot_20210523-181102_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20210523-181102_Gallery.jpg
    49.9 KB · Views: 105
  • 20210523_171522.jpg
    20210523_171522.jpg
    225.9 KB · Views: 100
  • 20210501_014127.jpg
    20210501_014127.jpg
    117.6 KB · Views: 89
Veiled females can lay eggs about every 120 or so days once they sort. Controlling their diet and temperatures can lower the number of eggs and even stop reproduction all together giving her a longer healthier life.

She should show gravid colors if she's carrying eggs...but sometimes they drop the colors off n n.
Do I feed more or less when she is carrying eggs or how do I go about all that there ?

When she's actually producing the eggs she should have enough to make sure she can produce good eggs...but as soon as she lays the clutch she should be fed one or two good meals the cut back to 4 or 5 crickets or equal calory value of other insects and basking temperatures kept at 80F to keep her next clutch a reasonable size.

When she's actually producing the eggs she should have enough to make sure she can produce good eggs...but as soon as she lays the clutch she should be fed one or two good meals the cut back to 4 or 5 crickets or equal calory value of other insects and basking temperatures kept at 80F to keep her next clutch a reasonable
So if I'm understanding right ..feed her well throughout then cut back shortly for a fast minute after she lays ? Is every other day good or should I switch to daily ?

1.Female veiled chameleon (Arnita) .do not know age(hopefully you can help) I have owned her since Feb so now almost 4 months
2. The way I handle her varies. If she wants to come out I let her come out and coach her to my arm. I never take her from inside the cage .when she is out she is out no more than 10 minutes . She will eat bugs and greens off my hand . It's not an everyday thing or nothing to have an exact answer to the amount of how much I have her out but it's less than more of the time .
3. Foods I have two feeders cups in cage I give her around 5 sometimes a couple more items every other day (crickets. Roaches. And greens every now and then)I dust with zoo med calcium no d3..and flukes calcium with d3 rotating with zoo med repetitive. So twice a month for d3 and repetitive. I have a bottle of exi terra multi vitamin I never used yet. I gutload with all types of greens. Bee pollen. Occasional carrot ,apple,orange,yellow squash..fluker orange bites and I am currently looking into spurulina soon. You'll want to start feeding her 3-4 crickets (or the equivalent of with other bugs) around 3 times a week. She doesn't need the greens fed straight to her, just add them into your gutload for even more greens. Fluker's orange bites aren't a good gutload at all. The more variety of feeder bugs and gutload ingredients, the better! I've already posted gutload and feeder charts. Does your Reptivite have D3 in it? Spirulina is a great gutload ingredient. Sometimes I'll add it into my calcium and dust with it occasionally (same with bee pollen).
4. I spray with bottle few times at sun up throughout day and lights out and in night..I also run a dripper down a wall of leaves..I see her drink in morning for sure..feces seems to be on point with how a hydrated should look 5.as far as history she laid eggs on day two with no egg bin. Dont know anything much but it's a girl How long do you mist for each time?

Cage- 2x2x4 tall screen with sides and back covered with shower curtain to hold humidity. You'll want to take out the hammock, as it can hurt chameleons, and add branches of multiple diameters and species (just none from toxic or sap-producing trees). She also needs live plants only, which I'll go over in the plants section. Does she have a proper lay bin available to her with lots of privacy around it?
I have a t5 ho uvb bulb What is the brand and strength of it, and how far away is it from her basking branch?
Temp at basking usually around 85-90 Her basking spot ( which should be measured with a digital thermometer with a probe, with the probe placed where the top of her back is when she's on her basking branch) needs to be between 78-80*F. What are her nighttime temps, and how do you measure them?
Humidity stays level around 50 but get it up by spraying and fogger but fogger just broke getting another one soon. You want her daytime levels to be between 30-50%, preferably on the lower end of that. As long as there is enough airflow, and it is 65*F or under, her nighttime humidity can go up to 100%. What type of fogger do you have (cool-mist, warm-mist, etc.), and how and often do you clean it and the tubes/any other accessories used?
I use a combination right now of fake silk plants and real plants...I have pothos..two types of marantas..two types of wandering jews.two different nerve plants ..a couple others not sure the name they are smaller right now some are getting tall. You need all live and veiled-tested plants only, as veileds will try to eat fake ones, which can lead to impaction and possibly death. Make sure you clean them thoroughly beforehand and put rocks too big for her to eat over the soil in the pots.

Only concerns right now is more knowledge on age perhaps... on feeding and caring for the female while having eggs..do I feed more or less... .better gutload instruction ..i am hearing about spurulina so I'm gonna get some......... ...I have a male baby Jackson month old I will get into him later

3. Foods I have two feeders cups in cage I give her around 5 sometimes a couple more items every other day (crickets. Roaches. And greens every now and then)I dust with zoo med calcium no d3..and flukes calcium with d3 rotating with zoo med repetitive. So twice a month for d3 and repetitive. I have a bottle of exi terra multi vitamin I never used yet. I gutload with all types of greens. Bee pollen. Occasional carrot ,apple,orange,yellow squash..fluker orange bites and I am currently looking into spurulina soon. You'll want to start feeding her 3-4 crickets (or the equivalent of with other bugs) around 3 times a week. She doesn't need the greens fed straight to her, just add them into your gutload for even more greens. Fluker's orange bites aren't a good gutload at all. The more variety of feeder bugs and gutload ingredients, the better! I've already posted gutload and feeder charts. Does your Reptivite have D3 in it? Spirulina is a great gutload ingredient. Sometimes I'll add it into my calcium and dust with it occasionally (same with bee pollen).
4. I spray with bottle few times at sun up throughout day and lights out and in night..I also run a dripper down a wall of leaves..I see her drink in morning for sure..feces seems to be on point with how a hydrated should look 5.as far as history she laid eggs on day two with no egg bin. Dont know anything much but it's a girl How long do you mist for each time?

Cage- 2x2x4 tall screen with sides and back covered with shower curtain to hold humidity. You'll want to take out the hammock, as it can hurt chameleons, and add branches of multiple diameters and species (just none from toxic or sap-producing trees). She also needs live plants only, which I'll go over in the plants section. Does she have a proper lay bin available to her with lots of privacy around it?
I have a t5 ho uvb bulb What is the brand and strength of it, and how far away is it from her basking branch?
Temp at basking usually around 85-90 Her basking spot ( which should be measured with a digital thermometer with a probe, with the probe placed where the top of her back is when she's on her basking branch) needs to be between 78-80*F. What are her nighttime temps, and how do you measure them?
Humidity stays level around 50 but get it up by spraying and fogger but fogger just broke getting another one soon. You want her daytime levels to be between 30-50%, preferably on the lower end of that. As long as there is enough airflow, and it is 65*F or under, her nighttime humidity can go up to 100%. What type of fogger do you have (cool-mist, warm-mist, etc.), and how and often do you clean it and the tubes/any other accessories used?
I use a combination right now of fake silk plants and real plants...I have pothos..two types of marantas..two types of wandering jews.two different nerve plants ..a couple others not sure the name they are smaller right now some are getting tall. You need all live and veiled-tested plants only, as veileds will try to eat fake ones, which can lead to impaction and possibly death. Make sure you clean them thoroughly beforehand and put rocks too big for her to eat over the soil in the pots.

Thank you for responding.

Mist schedule-
Right before lights come on I spray the whole bottle just about everywhere so everything is pretty much dripping ...she is observed drinking . Then the same thing will be done maybe three times throughout the day and afternoon but on a lighter side with areas left dry . One bottle before lights out and once or twice through the night.

Hammock-
she doesn't really go on it she uses them as shade and it's her favorite spot when not under light .is it okay to place plants on it securely or should I take it out completely ?

Light- zoo med reptisun t5 ho 24 inch (equivalent to the Arcadia 6%)

I have a 75 watt and a 60 watt bask bulb I use one or the other depending on how hot it is in the cage

both are around 6 to 7 inches from cage top to branch
When on the hotter side I raise them anywhere from another 4-6 inches

Temps...
I live in a strange area where mother nature just cant figure it out..but if consistent ..summer is hot and we have winter ...now that summer is rolling in the temps are 70-75 and humidity around 50-60 but will increase as the season comes in ..in the winter and spring it's around 60_70 and humidity 30-40 these temps are based off no spraying or fogger just natural

I have multiple temp gauges that seem to all same the same but no digital thing you speak of..I will look into one..

The fogger it was a repti fogger and I would say but not sure it's cool air ?it just broke so need another asap

I have a dripper that I run a couple times a day and it drips for around 15 minutes

I keep everything pretty clean.
I am familiar with most plants needed and have some but I am always an eager learner so want any all suggestions please!

She has a large egg laying bin as said before she laid eggs two days into me owning her with me having no knowledge of anything pretty much so there was no egg bin( tell me if i lucked out) she layed them on the floor i sent pic of it...the repetitive has vitamin d3(min) 22.907 IU/kg..I didnt think about that..should I just give repetitive twice month or stay how I was?

If I missed anything let me know..thank you so much and forgive me if I ask anything that may sound rookie..I am a rookie but want to become as good as I can at this so I am willing to learn as much as I can in detail

Thank you for responding. No problem, sorry for the delayed response!

Mist schedule-
Right before lights come on I spray the whole bottle just about everywhere so everything is pretty much dripping ...she is observed drinking . Then the same thing will be done maybe three times throughout the day and afternoon but on a lighter side with areas left dry . One bottle before lights out and once or twice through the night. As long as she gets misted for at least 2-5+ minutes at least twice a day, preferably around lights on and lights off, and the cage dries out in-between mistings, you're good. You just don't want to mist too many times.

Hammock-
she doesn't really go on it she uses them as shade and it's her favorite spot when not under light .is it okay to place plants on it securely or should I take it out completely ? I would ere on the side of caution and take it out. You can always add a bushy plant there for her to hang out in, as well!

Light- zoo med reptisun t5 ho 24 inch (equivalent to the Arcadia 6%) So the Zoo Med ReptiSun 5.0? If so, perfect! You'll want the bulb to be 8-9" away from her basking branch (same with her heat bulb).

I have a 75 watt and a 60 watt bask bulb I use one or the other depending on how hot it is in the cage Just make sure to get her basking temp down to 78-80*F. At night, go low! Preferably 65*F or lower, but 68*F max will work, too.

Temps...
I live in a strange area where mother nature just cant figure it out..but if consistent ..summer is hot and we have winter ...now that summer is rolling in the temps are 70-75 and humidity around 50-60 but will increase as the season comes in ..in the winter and spring it's around 60_70 and humidity 30-40 these temps are based off no spraying or fogger just natural When the humidity is above 40-45% naturally in her room, you can use a dehumidifier to get levels down, just don't place it directly next to her cage.

I have multiple temp gauges that seem to all same the same but no digital thing you speak of..I will look into one.. I personally use a digital thermometer with a probe and three digital thermometer/hygrometer combos in my cages. The probed one for measuring basking temps and the three combos placed by the basking area, middle of the cage, and bottom of the cage to get my humidity levels and temps. Digital thermometers and hygrometers are the most accurate.

The fogger it was a repti fogger and I would say but not sure it's cool air ?it just broke so need another asap A ReptiFogger is cool-mist (which is what you want), but there are cheaper options. Replacing the crinkly tubing with either vinyl tubing or PVC pipe will help with cleaning the pipes and delivering the fog better! Make sure to clean the foigger, tubes, and any other accessories used thoroughly at least once a week, as well.

I have a dripper that I run a couple times a day and it drips for around 15 minutes I would bump it up to at least 30 minutes, if not longer, if you can.

I am familiar with most plants needed and have some but I am always an eager learner so want any all suggestions please! Great! The very last link I posted (Chameleon Academy Plants) goes into more detail on veiled-tested plants than the two charts I attached in the same post!

She has a large egg laying bin as said before she laid eggs two days into me owning her with me having no knowledge of anything pretty much so there was no egg bin( tell me if i lucked out) she layed them on the floor i sent pic of it...the repetitive has vitamin d3(min) 22.907 IU/kg..I didnt think about that..should I just give repetitive twice month or stay how I was? What are the dimensions of it, and how many inches deep is the substrate? Yes, if you use the Reptivite with D3, only use that once every two weeks, and don't use the calcium with D3 at all. Still use the calcium without D3 on all other feedings.

If I missed anything let me know..thank you so much and forgive me if I ask anything that may sound rookie..I am a rookie but want to become as good as I can at this so I am willing to learn as much as I can in detail No problem, ask as many questions as you want! We love that you're learning and are always happy to help!

If she is working on another clutch, you don't want to overfeed her constantly while she's producing it but you want to make sure she gets enough to stay healthy while working on it.
I wish I could give you a more definite answer.

Thank you for responding.

Mist schedule-
Right before lights come on I spray the whole bottle just about everywhere so everything is pretty much dripping ...she is observed drinking . Then the same thing will be done maybe three times throughout the day and afternoon but on a lighter side with areas left dry . One bottle before lights out and once or twice through the night.

Hammock-
she doesn't really go on it she uses them as shade and it's her favorite spot when not under light .is it okay to place plants on it securely or should I take it out completely ?

Light- zoo med reptisun t5 ho 24 inch (equivalent to the Arcadia 6%)

I have a 75 watt and a 60 watt bask bulb I use one or the other depending on how hot it is in the cage

Temps...
I live in a strange area where mother nature just cant figure it out..but if consistent ..summer is hot and we have winter ...now that summer is rolling in the temps are 70-75 and humidity around 50-60 but will increase as the season comes in ..in the winter and spring it's around 60_70 and humidity 30-40 these temps are based off no spraying or fogger just natural

I have multiple temp gauges that seem to all same the same but no digital thing you speak of..I will look into one..

The fogger it was a repti fogger and I would say but not sure it's cool air ?it just broke so need another asap

I have a dripper that I run a couple times a day and it drips for around 15 minutes

I am familiar with most plants needed and have some but I am always an eager learner so want any all suggestions please!

She has a large egg laying bin as said before she laid eggs two days into me owning her with me having no knowledge of anything pretty much so there was no egg bin( tell me if i lucked out) she layed them on the floor i sent pic of it...the repetitive has vitamin d3(min) 22.907 IU/kg..I didnt think about that..should I just give repetitive twice month or stay how I was?

If I missed anything let me know..thank you so much and forgive me if I ask anything that may sound rookie..I am a rookie but want to become as good as I can at this so I am willing to learn as much as I can in detail

Thank you for responding. No problem, sorry for the delayed response!

Mist schedule-
Right before lights come on I spray the whole bottle just about everywhere so everything is pretty much dripping ...she is observed drinking . Then the same thing will be done maybe three times throughout the day and afternoon but on a lighter side with areas left dry . One bottle before lights out and once or twice through the night. As long as she gets misted for at least 2-5+ minutes at least twice a day, preferably around lights on and lights off, and the cage dries out in-between mistings, you're good. You just don't want to mist too many times.

Hammock-
she doesn't really go on it she uses them as shade and it's her favorite spot when not under light .is it okay to place plants on it securely or should I take it out completely ? I would ere on the side of caution and take it out. You can always add a bushy plant there for her to hang out in, as well!

Light- zoo med reptisun t5 ho 24 inch (equivalent to the Arcadia 6%) So the Zoo Med ReptiSun 5.0? If so, perfect! You'll want the bulb to be 8-9" away from her basking branch (same with her heat bulb).

I have a 75 watt and a 60 watt bask bulb I use one or the other depending on how hot it is in the cage Just make sure to get her basking temp down to 78-80*F. At night, go low! Preferably 65*F or lower, but 68*F max will work, too.

Temps...
I live in a strange area where mother nature just cant figure it out..but if consistent ..summer is hot and we have winter ...now that summer is rolling in the temps are 70-75 and humidity around 50-60 but will increase as the season comes in ..in the winter and spring it's around 60_70 and humidity 30-40 these temps are based off no spraying or fogger just natural When the humidity is above 40-45% naturally in her room, you can use a dehumidifier to get levels down, just don't place it directly next to her cage.

I have multiple temp gauges that seem to all same the same but no digital thing you speak of..I will look into one.. I personally use a digital thermometer with a probe and three digital thermometer/hygrometer combos in my cages. The probed one for measuring basking temps and the three combos placed by the basking area, middle of the cage, and bottom of the cage to get my humidity levels and temps. Digital thermometers and hygrometers are the most accurate.

The fogger it was a repti fogger and I would say but not sure it's cool air ?it just broke so need another asap A ReptiFogger is cool-mist (which is what you want), but there are cheaper options. Replacing the crinkly tubing with either vinyl tubing or PVC pipe will help with cleaning the pipes and delivering the fog better! Make sure to clean the foigger, tubes, and any other accessories used thoroughly at least once a week, as well.

I have a dripper that I run a couple times a day and it drips for around 15 minutes I would bump it up to at least 30 minutes, if not longer, if you can.

I am familiar with most plants needed and have some but I am always an eager learner so want any all suggestions please! Great! The very last link I posted (Chameleon Academy Plants) goes into more detail on veiled-tested plants than the two charts I attached in the same post!

She has a large egg laying bin as said before she laid eggs two days into me owning her with me having no knowledge of anything pretty much so there was no egg bin( tell me if i lucked out) she layed them on the floor i sent pic of it...the repetitive has vitamin d3(min) 22.907 IU/kg..I didnt think about that..should I just give repetitive twice month or stay how I was? What are the dimensions of it, and how many inches deep is the substrate? Yes, if you use the Reptivite with D3, only use that once every two weeks, and don't use the calcium with D3 at all. Still use the calcium without D3 on all other feedings.

If I missed anything let me know..thank you so much and forgive me if I ask anything that may sound rookie..I am a rookie but want to become as good as I can at this so I am willing to learn as much as I can in detail No problem, ask as many questions as you want! We love that you're learning and are always happy to help!
Thank you so much! No problem about delays and I am noting everything you said...yes! That's the correct light...Egg bin is 11 inches wide by 14 inches long and it is 7 inches deep I can go bigger if needed..it is a mix between pool filter sand and repti soil a zoo med brand. There is also other smaller but same depth bins to cover ground some have small starter plants in them and some dont ..only thing I was a little confused about was the humidity part (100% and lower then 40%) do I want it high at night or low and then at daytime where do I want it ...she has took bites out pothos and maranta prayer plant ..doesn't do it much since then when I first introduced them

Thank you so much! No problem about delays and I am noting everything you said...yes! That's the correct light...Egg bin is 11 inches wide by 14 inches long and it is 7 inches deep I can go bigger if needed..it is a mix between pool filter sand and repti soil a zoo med brand. There is also other smaller but same depth bins to cover ground some have small starter plants in them and some dont ..only thing I was a little confused about was the humidity part (100% and lower then 40%) do I want it high at night or low and then at daytime where do I want it ...she has took bites out pothos and maranta prayer plant ..doesn't do it much since then when I first introduced them
That size lay bin is perfect! Can the substrate in it hold a tunnel without collapsing? If it can’t, keep it moister until it does. You want the humidity lower during the day and higher at night. Let me know if I need to elaborate or if you have any other questions!

That size lay bin is perfect! Can the substrate in it hold a tunnel without collapsing? If it can’t, keep it moister until it does. You want the humidity lower during the day and higher at night. Let me know if I need to elaborate or if you have any other questions!
Yes it holds tunnels ..my concern with the bin was I believe it gets too moist if that's a real thing

It can get too moist. You just have to find the right consistency. You can always add drainage holes to the bottom, as well
Yes it has small holes...and if I'm following correctly. In daytime I want it around 80 at basking with drops lower in cage with humidity lower ...at night very cool and if I can get it below 65 humidity its okay too be at 100 . If I cant get it all the way to 65 without cooling in summertime (might need a fan and fogger) ..what is the lowest the humidity should be

Back
Top Bottom