new to chameleons please help

cruzv

Although i will not be getting him (panther chameleon) for another month i would like to be informed before hand so when i do get him ill be prepared. a few questions come to mind. 1. As a juvenile of maybe 3-4 months how often would i have to feed him, also what quantity and would this change as they grow into adults? 2. what kind of feeders are recommended to start of with? as i have read that with younger chameleons you have to feed smaller insects. 3. What supplements for dusting do you recommend? and how often should they be applied? 4. would feeders be better if gut loaded with fresh products, commercial products, or a combination of both?
5. should i use a feeder cup, or let them free roam? is hand feeding an option? 6. Are here any tips or tricks that you use when it comes to feeding?
if there is anything that i may have missed feel free to mention it, thanks.

Although i will not be getting him (panther chameleon) for another month i would like to be informed before hand so when i do get him ill be prepared. a few questions come to mind. 1. As a juvenile of maybe 3-4 months how often would i have to feed him, also what quantity and would this change as they grow into adults? 2. what kind of feeders are recommended to start of with? as i have read that with younger chameleons you have to feed smaller insects. 3. What supplements for dusting do you recommend? and how often should they be applied? 4. would feeders be better if gut loaded with fresh products, commercial products, or a combination of both?
5. should i use a feeder cup, or let them free roam? is hand feeding an option? 6. Are here any tips or tricks that you use when it comes to feeding?
if there is anything that i may have missed feel free to mention it, thanks.
This is an amazing podcast with over 100 episodes https://www.chameleonbreeder.com/

This is an amazing website and Bill Strand is doing online free classes now as well. https://chameleonacademy.com/

Back
Top Bottom