New to chameleons. Our first set up.

Question on the outdoor setup. How would I go about setting that up. I was going to do a free range setup in front of a large living room window we have so when we are home he can have natural light and be out for while.

Question on the outdoor setup. How would I go about setting that up. I was going to do a free range setup in front of a large living room window we have so when we are home he can have natural light and be out for while.
If its not a permanent free range, nearly natural sells fake 6 foot ficus trees for pretty cheap, you can get em on amazon.

I use a mesh laundry basket that zips all the way closed. I have a pathos with branches in it. Works great!!

Here it is...
IMG_7990.JPG

So over the past weekend I added some foliage to the enclosure. Added a money tree. He seems to lover the cover. He has changed where he sleeps now. He is alson shedding for the first time since he has joined the family.

As for the second enclosure I decided to go all in. After building the first enclosure and securing branches to the screening and frame work. I decided I wasnt going to do that on the second enclosure. I was intrigued by the dragon stand ledges and as I like myself a good diy project I decided to build my own ledges. The project took about a half hour and cost was well under 20 dollars for the material to build 4. I started with 2 8ft pieces of 1"x3/4" I believe that's what it was. Cut 4 1 inch pieces for the spacers and 2 24" pieces for the outside brace and 2 22" pieces for the inside brace, repeated on the second piece of wood. Then some wood screws #10 2 1/2 inch used for the spacers to connect the brace from outside the enclosure to inside and #8 1" to attach the outside brace to the to the front frame work and #8 1 1/2 inch to attach the brace to the rear frame work. I used the existing screw hole in the rear of the side paneling to secure the outside brace and for the front I leveled the brace and drilled a small hole to secure the front of the brace to the frame work. After installing all four braces I secured my branches and pots and used pond foam to create a wall effect on both side panels. I am happy with the outcome and did not need to secure anything with wire into the screen. It is extremely secure and actually improved the strength of the enclose. I can't wait to add some plants and make this a new home for a panther.
More foliage added to our vieled enclosure
20161217_165028.jpg
20161219_135715.jpg

20161219_135725.jpg
20161219_142204.jpg
20161219_151510.jpg
20161219_160803.jpg
20161219_162358.jpg
20161219_204621.jpg
20161220_070246.jpg

Last edited:
Back