New T. werneri

JimO

Established Member
I picked up a gorgeous pair of Trioceras werneri at the Orlando Repticon show. The female has either been eating too much or she is pregnant. They are so cool. I'll get more shots with a better camera this week.

Male
Werneri male 05-12-13.jpg

Female
Werneri female 05-12-13.jpg

Congrats on the pickup! I assume you got them from Bay Area Reptile? I got a pair from Ray a few weeks ago. Great chameleons, adapting really well to captivity, although the female seems to be a bit finicky about eating (much prefers superworms and silkworms). I wouldn't be surprised at all if she were gravid, mine definitely is. Good luck with them!

Yes, that's where I got them. Both of mine are eating crickets, but I haven't offered anything else yet. I suspect that the male isn't full grown because the female is quite a bit bigger. They are great looking chams. Let's stay in touch and if we both get babies, perhaps we could trade to get unrelated F1 pairs?

Congrats on the pickup! I assume you got them from Bay Area Reptile? I got a pair from Ray a few weeks ago. Great chameleons, adapting really well to captivity, although the female seems to be a bit finicky about eating (much prefers superworms and silkworms). I wouldn't be surprised at all if she were gravid, mine definitely is. Good luck with them!

Nice pick up! I was hoping to run in to some Werneri at the local show but that was a dud.

Best of luck with them, hopefully you all who got them can come up with some offspring!

I'm pretty sure the vendor I purchased them from still has one female available. Send me a PM if you'd like their contact info.

Nice pick up! I was hoping to run in to some Werneri at the local show but that was a dud.

Best of luck with them, hopefully you all who got them can come up with some offspring!

Yes, that's where I got them. Both of mine are eating crickets, but I haven't offered anything else yet. I suspect that the male isn't full grown because the female is quite a bit bigger. They are great looking chams. Let's stay in touch and if we both get babies, perhaps we could trade to get unrelated F1 pairs?

I would definitely be interested in doing that. My female is very likely gravid. I've found she's very partial to hornworms and superworms.

Here is a recent shot of the female. If she isn't pregnant, then she needs to go on a diet! Their happy colors makes their skin look like tree bark - complete with green moss and gray lichen. I almost didn't get them, but I am so glad I did. Both eat out of my hand and don't seem to mind being handled.

Werneri female 06-01-13.jpg

Awesome! How could you not love lobes and horns?!?!

I almost pulled the trigger on a pair of these guys, but I read they need very high humidity... Are you keeping them in terrariums?

No, but I put them out to sun several times a week and soak their enclosures down really well. I am also considering keeping their enclosures on the screened porch for the rest of the summer. We have pretty high humidity.

Awesome! How could you not love lobes and horns?!?!

I almost pulled the trigger on a pair of these guys, but I read they need very high humidity... Are you keeping them in terrariums?

They are fantastic, I could really go for a pair of those if I were not adding carpets, to the quads I already breed. Two species is plenty for me.

Back
Top Bottom