New T.sternfeldi!!

Congratulations! A great species. Could you post pictures of your enclosure that your going to keep your Trioceros sternfeldi in?

Best Regards
Jeremy A. Rich

Congratulations! A great species. Could you post pictures of your enclosure that your going to keep your Trioceros sternfeldi in?

Best Regards
Jeremy A. Rich

I'm assuming I'm being asked this question because they require a high humidity, lower temp enclosure ?
I don't have a pic on hand because I am at work. Although he is being kept in an 18x18x36 mesh cage that has polypropelene wrapped around 3 sides to keep the humidity high but also give adequate ventiliaton. He also has a massive umbrella tree that is beyondd full. I had to cut some of it back to get it in the enclosure. There is also a vine and brand to help him get around the enclosure and to give him something wide and comfy to sleep on. He seems to be loving it! He's always exploring in his new home

wow im getting one soon and i hopes it looks like that:Dwhere did you get him

I got him from a cham breeder who lives in Oregon. My guy was his old breeder but his female recently passed. I think he's looking to focus on a new species and that's why he was sold. Either way! It was my luck he was being sold :)

Humidity isn't a big issue with this species. They do fine with a few mistings through out the day. The issue with them is being able to provide a good drop in temp at night. A 10-15 degree drop at night is ok but 15+ is better.

Carl

Oh I know, I actually research species before I buy. He also has a special area in the house where it does not stay as warm. That way he has an actual fluctuation in temps

Yes they are!
He is so unbelievably sociable. I'm always weary when it comes to buying adult chams because of their behavior, however he has proved me wrong.

Here he is asleep on my wrist -

His enclosure is not even close to finished either, I'm trying to find a plastic shower curtain with a forest on it so I can put it on the 3 sides of his enclosure where the white polypropelene is now. I'll also add in bamboo sticks for climbing. I'm just trying to let him settle before I rearrange his home.

I'm assuming I'm being asked this question because they require a high humidity, lower temp enclosure ?
I don't have a pic on hand because I am at work. Although he is being kept in an 18x18x36 mesh cage that has polypropelene wrapped around 3 sides to keep the humidity high but also give adequate ventiliaton. He also has a massive umbrella tree that is beyondd full. I had to cut some of it back to get it in the enclosure. There is also a vine and brand to help him get around the enclosure and to give him something wide and comfy to sleep on. He seems to be loving it! He's always exploring in his new home

His enclosure is not even close to finished either, I'm trying to find a plastic shower curtain with a forest on it so I can put it on the 3 sides of his enclosure where the white polypropelene is now. I'll also add in bamboo sticks for climbing. I'm just trying to let him settle before I rearrange his home.

Thanks for the reply and the picture! I actually was just wondering as to what type enclosure and generally speaking how you were going to keep your Trioceros sternfeldi.

Best Regards
Jeremy A. Rich

Oh no problem, it's always good to see people who know the species try and help others. Luckily! I am a responsible keeper and I do my research. I also have friends who have kept this species for years, which is where I get a lot of my info.

Back
Top Bottom