New T. Montium - Pic heavy

Seiryu

Established Member
Recently I got a 2.2 of T. montium. I've had these guys around 4 days now. So far 3 are eating very well, but one of the females ("female1") I have only seen eat once. Not to say she hasn't been eating otherwise. All 4 however are great drinkers. Still need to name everyone!

They all seem very healthy and overall do not seem to stress too much even with the minimal handling I have been doing.

So here we go.

This is "male1". He is the smaller of the 2. I went and did weights/measurements for all of them the 2nd day they arrived. The lengths are approximate as it was not easy to measure while they were moving, but I think pretty close!

-------Weight (g)------Total Length (in)----Snout to Vent (in)
Male 1 ~ 13.1g ------------ 7" --------------- 3.5"

Love his blues!

Fin shot

Here is "Female1". Both females were very similar in size and weight.

----------Weight (g)----Total Length (in)-----Snout to Vent (in)
Female 1 ~ 8.6g ----------- 5.75" ----------------- 3"

Showing a little color. Neither of the females turned really bright for me. Usually they are a lime green with a little yellow.

Maybe gravid? Her belly seems very wide, although both females weighed the same 3 days ago. The other doesn't *look* gravid.

Another straight down shot.

Here is "Male2". He is much larger than the other male. Imagine he is close to full sized.

--------Weight (g)---------Total Length (in)-----Snout to Vent (in)
Male 2 ~ 23.4g --------------- 7.75" -------------- 3.8"

Decent shot of his fin

Yellows and Blues!

"Female2". She roams a bit more than the other female. Doesn't look to be gravid.

---------Weight (g)-----Total Length (in)----Snout to Vent
Female 2 ~ 9g ------------ 5.75" --------------- 3"

Size reference. Out of all of them, she was the least pleased with this.

Showing a little lime green

This shot makes her look like she has a little belly going on

Male 2 is STUNNING!! His tail fin is huge! They must all be a bit underweight or just small. My cb male was 23g at 8 months and now 30g (4" snout to vent without horns) at 1 year old.

Yes, I think they are a little underweight each.

I have no idea on age really. I imagine the smaller male is quite a bit younger than the bigger one. Male 2, the first day ate about 9 dubia in one sitting.

I contacted Chris and he said based on the sizes I gave him, he thinks they are mature, but "around a year". I didn't have pictures at the time, so he was making his best guess.

I plan to take weights every other week and lengths every 4 weeks. I might do females every week on the weight just to better see if there are any strange increases (like being gravid).

Do any of these girls look gravid?

I dont believe either of them are gravid.

Female two appears that she just laid sometime soon.

Last edited:
The fin on the larger male is fantastic. That's a great group.

My male is 20 grams and the female is 13 grams and about the same length as yours. I hope she is gravid.

Keep us posted.

The tail-fin always gets me. I have wanted one for such a long time...I wish I had time and space. Excellent looking buddies you got there OP.

I dont believe either of them are gravid.

Female two appears that she just laid sometime soon.

I actually saw some disturbed dirt in her lay box that has a cane plant in it. I didnt have time to look before leaving. Im going to email where i got them from and ask if any females had laid.

Where did you get them from?! I've been watching kingsnake like a hawk all year trying to get a couple pairs.

The long wait was well worth it my friend! They look like they are in great shape, and I am sure you will fatten all of them right on up.

Thanks guys!

Someone recommended some BB flies for these, so going to order some on Monday.

No eggs, which is fine by me! Would rather beef up the girls before any of that anyways. Likely just a spot in the soil I overlooked.

Still doing well. The females gained 0.2g in 5 days. Not a lot but they aren't losing weight. Still haven't seen female 1 eat yet. But have phoenix worms and BB flies coming.

Back
Top Bottom