New Silkworms :)

PicoTheCham

Hello,
A few weeks ago some people on the forums helped me figure out where to buy silkworms and how to care for them. Now that they’ve arrived and I’ve fed Pico a few times, here’s my review and some new questions I have. Overall, they are the best feeder I’ve tried. He loveeess them, they’re super easy to care for, and they are good for his health and a nice staple food. 10/10 for sure! I got mine from coastal silkworms, and all arrived alive and well!

Question: How many should I be feeding him? He’s a pretty large male veiled cham. I’m currently doing 3-4 medium/large silkworms every other day. Is that the right amount?
(I also feed him an occasional hornworm)

Hello,
A few weeks ago some people on the forums helped me figure out where to buy silkworms and how to care for them. Now that they’ve arrived and I’ve fed Pico a few times, here’s my review and some new questions I have. Overall, they are the best feeder I’ve tried. He loveeess them, they’re super easy to care for, and they are good for his health and a nice staple food. 10/10 for sure! I got mine from coastal silkworms, and all arrived alive and well!

Question: How many should I be feeding him? He’s a pretty large male veiled cham. I’m currently doing 3-4 medium/large silkworms every other day. Is that the right amount?
(I also feed him an occasional hornworm)
Yes this is the correct amount, however are you ONLY feeding silkworms? If so, you should vary the diet a bit by feeding a few dubia roaches and BSFL, supers and wax. And of course any others you can get would be good. As much variety as possible is best.

edit: this is the correct amount for an ADULT male veiled, you could probably feed a bit more if he’s not completely grown yet

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom