New setup for my first veiled chameleon! :D

Danicuteeyes

I still have yet to put any vines but this is it so far...just got the umbrella plant from home depot right now...its seems too big ill cut some off or something lol

what do you guys think?

its an 18x18x36 cage from LLL

Attachments

• new cage.jpg
    new cage.jpg
    122 KB · Views: 195
  • new cage 2.jpg
    new cage 2.jpg
    89.3 KB · Views: 130
Looks good. I would recommend moving the vines down from the top of the enclosure by 4-6 inches to limit burn risk areas. Make sure to put some well cleaned and sanitized rocks on top of the plant soil so he/she does not ingest it. Great set up!! What type of misting set up are you planning on using?

Looks good. I would recommend moving the vines down from the top of the enclosure by 4-6 inches to limit burn risk areas. Make sure to put some well cleaned and sanitized rocks on top of the plant soil so he/she does not ingest it. Great set up!! What type of misting set up are you planning on using?

thanks ill lower them a bit...its just hard cause i didnt want to ruin the aluminum cage...already made a couple of holes trying xD...im afraid of the cham hanging and it cant sustain...ill be sure to put some rocks

ill have to figure something out...lol

for misting...i have no idea!! i was just going to mist the cage myself 3-4 times a day...cant afford one right now :'(

Looks good so far. Be sure to wash the plants and rinse really good. Use very large river rocks in the top. They can eat small rocks. Add lots of vines and branches. They stay on those more than the plants.

Don't Drill!!!! I learned that the hard way, LOL!! Use zip-ties. They are cheap, pull easily through the screen without tearing it, and will hold branches just fine. I use zip ties on my enclosure to hold large flexible branches on the side walls. My guys weighs close to 100 grams, and it holds just fine. Keep up the good work and post more pics when your done and get your little guy/girl home!!

Here is pic of my set up. If you look at the left side, 3/4 up, you can see the zip-tied branch. He loves hanging out on it. Hope this helps!
https://www.chameleonforums.com/gallery/showimage.php?i=6667&c=3&userid=7276

Looks pretty good Danielle. Donnie will love it! If you need a source for river rock you can go to Michaels. There is one right by my house if you don't have one near you.

N

Fishing line of various strengths works really well for attaching branches, vines and hanging pothos (if you decide to get pothos down the road, it's really a great plant, highly recommend it). Bread ties, and heavy duty plastic ties that come with electronics, are also really good if you have them laying around.

looking good keep us updated on how it goes. hibiscus is good for a vieled as they sometimes like to eat the flowers.

did you mean the artificial plants?? to move them? (like are they fine where they are)

or to put the bendable vines 4-6 inches away from top?

lol sorry xD

I would say both. Maybe I'am a little nervous, but I have had issues in the past with adventurous chams climbing up on vines/branches attached to the top and wind up resting hanging underneath a basking light. Just being a nervous nilly!!! The branches absolutely for basking/uvb absorbtion. Sorry if I was confusing!!

Back
Top Bottom