New set up

juice28

been planning a newer set up for a while now.. just havent really had any time to do it...so when my new 24x24x48 cage came in and my mom came to town to visit she said.. oh no we gotta change this!! so this is what we did...any suggestions on improvements are very much welcomed

2 bathroom cabinets ( removed the sink parts) they are 24 wide by 20 inches deep..
1 1/2 inch piece of plywood 2'x4' drilled 2 inch holes in it
1 plastic painters tarp 9'x12' ( i have to wrap my cages for humidity)

got a few new plants for the cages and redid my baby panther set up with the old shelving i had

OLD SET UP
WP_000779.jpg

NEW SET UP
WP_000893.jpg

WP_000910.jpg
WP_000900.jpg
WP_000913.jpg

lol. i wanted to be part of the "cool kid cabinet club" :)

Special chameleon cabinet you mean!

My cabinets not really a cabinet, it's just a drainage stand that looks like a piece of furniture lol. Yours actually opens, which is cool!

I like how you have two identical setups side by side except the one on the right is fully planted and the one on the left is the traditional setup/ pots and drainage tub. Let us know how that works out.;)

thak you Olivia, i just gotta get a 48" light now lol or buy another 24...and set up my mistking...

Special chameleon cabinet you mean!

My cabinets not really a cabinet, it's just a drainage stand that looks like a piece of furniture lol. Yours actually opens, which is cool!
yea your right lol special cham cabinets :) one side is for drainage and the other is storage got um at lowes for 39 each, theyre just not 24 deep..so i had to get the plywood to fit the cages..so they hand over front and back by about 2 inches
You made it, you are part of the "cool kid cabinet club".
it looks really nice, tell your Mom thanks from the chams.:)
oh they loved it, they thanked her by showing some nice colors while exploring their new digs, still camera shy.. not sure if my female likes that corn plant though..she cant grip the leaves unless she grabs them on the edges..its great for holding water.. ill mist it at like 3-4 and come home from work at 8 and there will still be a few droplets on them. shes been all over the cage and doesnt hesitate to come out and chill on top of her cage doesnt really try to run when i go to get her either but before she would NEVER come out and run or hiss and puff up and lunge if i got too close or maybe shes just happy with it so shes not going to be as mean to me anymore lol
I like how you have two identical setups side by side except the one on the right is fully planted and the one on the left is the traditional setup/ pots and drainage tub. Let us know how that works out.;)

actually.. the one on the right isnt really planted lol i made some pots out of a liner and those cloth drawers for like a cubby you get at wal mart.. i made laying bins so theyre full of 3/1 sand soil mix and i just set the pots on um... makes for really good drainage catchers though and i guess since they are 10.5x10.5 by 12... they never flood. i got 4 of um and they work pretty good b/c they have handles and i can just slide them out of the bottom door if need be.. i thought about adding some ground cover to 2 or 3 of um just for a more jungle look though just havent found anything that i want to use plus the mix makes for easy clean up..scoops up like kitty litter lol

ahh, you're motivating me to make a cabinet!

lol.. ive seen tons of killer setups that look like pieces of furniture and im on budget so could just.. fabricate everything first hand(id ned to buy the tools to do so) so i went low cost.. after setting them up im like.. man why didnt i do this sooner lol.. the old et was fine.. it worked.. but i wanted something more..stealth and display so to speak.. total not including cage cost me 130

looks sleek! Big improvement for sure!

do you have a mister in addition to the drippers, or do you just hand mist?
WORD! i think its better, im in the works for a mistking, just not sure on which one to get..the starter and add a few pieces or the next one up...i dont mind hand misting now but now with then being so tall...i need a stool to mist them lol

(i have a baby female panther that im praying is a late blooming male:rolleyes: lol and soon a for sure male, maybe a nosy faly or ambanja) so i can get the mister now and wait on getting the male...or just continue to hand mist and drip now and get the male semi-now and add the mister in a couple weeks...decisions decisions..
Looks great! Nice and neat too. :p

thank you! lol it really cleaned up the are with everything out if sight, keeps the bug smell down too because theyre in the cabinet on the right lol neither cabinet have sealed in back panels so it gets good ventilation.. the smell just isnt "in your face" anymore lol

Back
Top Bottom