New Room

Whelp I finally got into my new house which has a very nice reptile room for me to fill! I have been busy unpacking, painting and doing that work stuff which is why I have been sparse as of late.

It is an enclosed patio which has insulated walls, lots of windows and a nice big swamp cooler to keep everything cool and the humidity up. Soooooo much better than in my old room, so great to be into my own house! =)

For the time being I am going to keep using the Costco racks, they are nice and clean looking, have wheels so I can roll them around. Easy to mount my lights too and all that fun stuff… I have double shop lights above them with 1 old and 1 new 5.0 bulb and then the appropriate wattage basking bulb to keep the temps right. While the weather is still nice I have been just opening the windows to give them some good ol’ natural sun… Some days I don’t even need to turn the UVB’s on… =)

Such a relief to have a space that allows me to be as serous as I want to be with all my reptiles!

Anyhoo, thought yall might enjoy some pictures of it.

Here is a shot of what I have stuff in. the room is about 3x longer than this.
You can also see some the outlets that we added to the room too… about 20 in all…
DSC01615.jpg

Some of the cages and the pig tank...
DSC01604.jpg

My Nosy Male... He gets WAY blue during the day, will be a very nice looking cham.
DSC01601.jpg

My fave Lat Male...
DSC01609.jpg

A Pig...
DSC01606.jpg

Where did you get the racks that teh cages are set up on? I am looking to increase my space so I can add a few more chams and maybe another snake.

Did you make those little ladder things? Or can they be bought somewhere?

If you made them, did you just glue dowels together?

Yea, Darci and my grandpa made them when they had nothing to do one day before the move... Cut them and used a bit of wood glue to firm them up... But I tell yea... you would be much better off just getting bird ladders off line or at pet co... for the time you put into them you might as well buy them... But if you have the stuff and the time they are a good little DIY. Chams love them!

Nice..Nice.
I cant wait to see what he turns out like! We can be "Nosy Be" pals, LOL...I am going to be getting him a girl VERY soon.

Jake

haha yea... Might be able to do a line swap down the road. I asked liddy if mine clutch was related to yours and she said no... I was asking becuase I was thinking about getting a F from the line that you got your male from. So When we hatch out some eggs from these dudes a hatchling swap I think is in order.

Where did you get the racks that teh cages are set up on? I am looking to increase my space so I can add a few more chams and maybe another snake.

Costco! Less than 100 bucks per rack... I see them on craigs list from time to time... Another reason why I like them! Easy to move out into the sun!! :)

DSC01658.jpg

DSC01657.jpg

Nice to see this happen for you, Chad. Wish I lived nearby so I could bring you a HUGE house warming plant. But I will just try to get you those buggie beds through the mail soon! Hey.. Has your address changed?

Back
Top Bottom