New Room

Vegas Chad

Avid Member
Whelp I finally got into my new house which has a very nice reptile room for me to fill! I have been busy unpacking, painting and doing that work stuff which is why I have been sparse as of late.

It is an enclosed patio which has insulated walls, lots of windows and a nice big swamp cooler to keep everything cool and the humidity up. Soooooo much better than in my old room, so great to be into my own house! =)

For the time being I am going to keep using the Costco racks, they are nice and clean looking, have wheels so I can roll them around. Easy to mount my lights too and all that fun stuff… I have double shop lights above them with 1 old and 1 new 5.0 bulb and then the appropriate wattage basking bulb to keep the temps right. While the weather is still nice I have been just opening the windows to give them some good ol’ natural sun… Some days I don’t even need to turn the UVB’s on… =)

Such a relief to have a space that allows me to be as serous as I want to be with all my reptiles!

Anyhoo, thought yall might enjoy some pictures of it.

Here is a shot of what I have stuff in. the room is about 3x longer than this.
You can also see some the outlets that we added to the room too… about 20 in all…
DSC01615.jpg

Some of the cages and the pig tank...
DSC01604.jpg

My Nosy Male... He gets WAY blue during the day, will be a very nice looking cham.
DSC01601.jpg

My fave Lat Male...
DSC01609.jpg

A Pig...
DSC01606.jpg

He is from Ed and Liddy, Thranduil line... Not sure of the exact age, would have to look in my log book. about 4 months old-ish. That pic aint nothin! He gets way more blue when he is in the sun! Its almost bed time in that piture.

No weight lately, been too busy. I will make it a point to do that sometime this week when I get my small scale out again. Whats the weight on yours?

Congrats on your new place and "work" space :D Looks like you've got lots more room to add those new Malagasy animals when they start coming in. Looks like a lot of fun too! I'm gonna have to go check out those Costco racks for my frogs and maybe some chams too. Thanks for the pics.

right now I have 20 reptiles in the room... 3 different types o roach, Crix I have been keeping outside, and working on my meal worm breeding now.

Nosy? Yep... She is about 7-8 months old

Older picture
tikireptiles048.jpg

And one I took tonight
DSC01612.jpg

It will be close for him to be old enough as to when I want to mate her. We will see how they grow... Might not be as close as I think.

Great new room :)

What a great room! I start salivating when I see all that empty space to fill. Geez I wish I had that empty space. You have a lot of fun in store for you. Thanks for sharing the nice cham pics too :)

Congrats on your new place and "work" space :D Looks like you've got lots more room to add those new Malagasy animals when they start coming in. Looks like a lot of fun too! I'm gonna have to go check out those Costco racks for my frogs and maybe some chams too. Thanks for the pics.

Thanks Kent! They are really nice racks, I think you would be happy with them. Hopefully I am looking to get several lats and lat M this year to help kick start my breeding projects. :D

Hey Chad ... that looks AWESOME!! I am SOOOO jealous !! ;)

I hope I have enough space and $$$ for a setup like this someday soon!!

Dyesub Dave. :D

Back
Top Bottom