New reptile owner looking for tips/suggestions!

burntwaffles

So I am new to the forum, I've had this female veiled chameleon since April maybe, and she was a baby. This would make her almost 4 months old, and I have to ask; should she be bigger in size? I feed her about 10-20 crickets a day, dusting them in vitamins and such.

Also, my cage. I have her in a 30" x 16.5" x 48", 100 gallon full screen nylon mesh terrarium. An automatic mister sprays every hour for 45 seconds, and I have a little dripper streaming down a vine near the top corner of her cage.
I have 4 real plants for her, and most of her vines are fake. I let her bask in a UVB light and heat lamp of course.
Is there anything I am missing in this cage?

All I need is somebody else's input! I noticed the pet store I bought from gave false information after I did some research.
Thanks!

CAGE CAGE.jpg

karmaaaaa.jpg

So I am new to the forum, I've had this female veiled chameleon since April maybe, and she was a baby. This would make her almost 4 months old, and I have to ask; should she be bigger in size? I feed her about 10-20 crickets a day, dusting them in vitamins and such.

Also, my cage. I have her in a 30" x 16.5" x 48", 100 gallon full screen nylon mesh terrarium. An automatic mister sprays every hour for 45 seconds, and I have a little dripper streaming down a vine near the top corner of her cage.
I have 4 real plants for her, and most of her vines are fake. I let her bask in a UVB light and heat lamp of course.
Is there anything I am missing in this cage?

All I need is somebody else's input! I noticed the pet store I bought from gave false information after I did some research.
Thanks!

View attachment 83265

View attachment 83266

you made a great choice by coming here.
you will get nothing but the best help.
and that cage looks amazing great job.

only thing i see would be the top of the pants need river rocks to cover the soil.

No problem :) there are people here that will give you an honest answer to any question you have. Looks like your off to a great start. Feel free to ask any more questions. But those care sheets should pretty much sum it up for you

Welcome to the Chameleon Forums. This is a great place to learn about chameleons. I just love veileds and the little girls are so sweet and show the best personalities. I would recommend you mist longer each time and only three times a day. Chameleons are fragile little animals and it's very important to get their lighting, supplements and temperatures correct. I have a blog for new keepers attached below. This is how I keep my veileds and panthers. I hope it will help with your little girl. Also, I recommend you start cutting back on her food and give her a large variety of well gut loaded feeders. They need more than just crickets. I'm also attaching my egg laying and laying bin blog. Very soon she will need a laying bin in her enclosure at all times. Female can and often do lay eggs without a male even being around.
https://www.chameleonforums.com/blo...-keepers-young-veiled-panther-chameleons.html
https://www.chameleonforums.com/blogs/jannb/345-egg-laying-laying-bin.html#comment1859

Dez (one of the senior members) made a really great video on how to set up a laying bin. I'm attaching that for you too.
https://www.chameleonforums.com/laying-bin-set-up-educational-video-77225/

Back
Top Bottom