New reptile owner looking for tips/suggestions!

burntwaffles

So I am new to the forum, I've had this female veiled chameleon since April maybe, and she was a baby. This would make her almost 4 months old, and I have to ask; should she be bigger in size? I feed her about 10-20 crickets a day, dusting them in vitamins and such.

Also, my cage. I have her in a 30" x 16.5" x 48", 100 gallon full screen nylon mesh terrarium. An automatic mister sprays every hour for 45 seconds, and I have a little dripper streaming down a vine near the top corner of her cage.
I have 4 real plants for her, and most of her vines are fake. I let her bask in a UVB light and heat lamp of course.
Is there anything I am missing in this cage?

All I need is somebody else's input! I noticed the pet store I bought from gave false information after I did some research.
Thanks!

CAGE CAGE.jpg

karmaaaaa.jpg

whysoez420

So I am new to the forum, I've had this female veiled chameleon since April maybe, and she was a baby. This would make her almost 4 months old, and I have to ask; should she be bigger in size? I feed her about 10-20 crickets a day, dusting them in vitamins and such.

Also, my cage. I have her in a 30" x 16.5" x 48", 100 gallon full screen nylon mesh terrarium. An automatic mister sprays every hour for 45 seconds, and I have a little dripper streaming down a vine near the top corner of her cage.
I have 4 real plants for her, and most of her vines are fake. I let her bask in a UVB light and heat lamp of course.
Is there anything I am missing in this cage?

All I need is somebody else's input! I noticed the pet store I bought from gave false information after I did some research.
Thanks!

View attachment 83265

View attachment 83266

you made a great choice by coming here.
you will get nothing but the best help.
and that cage looks amazing great job.

only thing i see would be the top of the pants need river rocks to cover the soil.

Dgood

Established Member
No problem :) there are people here that will give you an honest answer to any question you have. Looks like your off to a great start. Feel free to ask any more questions. But those care sheets should pretty much sum it up for you

jannb

Chameleon Enthusiast
Welcome to the Chameleon Forums. This is a great place to learn about chameleons. I just love veileds and the little girls are so sweet and show the best personalities. I would recommend you mist longer each time and only three times a day. Chameleons are fragile little animals and it's very important to get their lighting, supplements and temperatures correct. I have a blog for new keepers attached below. This is how I keep my veileds and panthers. I hope it will help with your little girl. Also, I recommend you start cutting back on her food and give her a large variety of well gut loaded feeders. They need more than just crickets. I'm also attaching my egg laying and laying bin blog. Very soon she will need a laying bin in her enclosure at all times. Female can and often do lay eggs without a male even being around.
https://www.chameleonforums.com/blo...-keepers-young-veiled-panther-chameleons.html
https://www.chameleonforums.com/blogs/jannb/345-egg-laying-laying-bin.html#comment1859

Dez (one of the senior members) made a really great video on how to set up a laying bin. I'm attaching that for you too.
https://www.chameleonforums.com/laying-bin-set-up-educational-video-77225/

Top Bottom