New quadricornis trio

rshewfel

Established Member
I could not hold out any longer. Tried to get some perreti, however, they were sold out. Instead I ordered this quad trio from backwater. I'm glad I did; I could not be happier with the quality. The male is 68.3 g. and two females are 30.8, and 36.8g. I really look forward to working with these guys again. Any help on the sub-species would be appreciated.

Attachments

• DSC_0956.jpg
    DSC_0956.jpg
    237.2 KB · Views: 236
  • DSC_0953.jpg
    DSC_0953.jpg
    224.1 KB · Views: 262
  • DSC_0961.jpg
    DSC_0961.jpg
    228.7 KB · Views: 234
  • DSC_0970.jpg
    DSC_0970.jpg
    229.3 KB · Views: 190
They do look good. As for subspecies, with the sailfin abruptly meeting the tail, no red nails but with what looks like six horn buds, it sounds like a taxonomic nightmare. I'm leaning towards quad quads though. Good luck!

Looking good! Male is definitely T. quadricornis quadricornis . To my knowledge there are no outward didifferentiating characteristics between the subspecies in females, but I would think that you were sent a pair of the same thing because they generally try to keep them separated, because even if they're marked incorrectly, theytry to keep them labeled how they were labeled by the exporter.

Chase

I am going out on a limb (ok I am not but it sounded good :) ) you have 3 quad, quads. I don't know how much you know about quads, but if I can offer any help at all send me a pm and I will get you the info.

Welcome to my world.:D:D:D

They do look good. As for subspecies, with the sailfin abruptly meeting the tail, no red nails but with what looks like six horn buds, it sounds like a taxonomic nightmare. I'm leaning towards quad quads though. Good luck!

My thoughts exactly. Thanks Gene

Looking good! Male is definitely T. quadricornis quadricornis . To my knowledge there are no outward didifferentiating characteristics between the subspecies in females, but I would think that you were sent a pair of the same thing because they generally try to keep them separated, because even if they're marked incorrectly, theytry to keep them labeled how they were labeled by the exporter.

Chase

Thanks Chase.

I was thinking quad quad, however the six horns was throwing me off.

I am going out on a limb (ok I am not but it sounded good :) ) you have 3 quad, quads. I don't know how much you know about quads, but if I can offer any help at all send me a pm and I will get you the info.

Welcome to my world.:D:D:D

I'll send you a pm in a bit. Thanks for the offer.

The west coast portion I couldn't agree with you more, the pics of what you and Bill received was truly depressing, but the KY side had to have received the most outstanding specimens of the shipment. Their males were stellar, quads and gracilior, and the females filled out awesome(albeit not without some good, hard work and a few double negatives for sure.) Hope what you guys do have is coming along as well. Please keep us posted. We're still pulling for ya!

Laurie, Cheryl, pictures???? Please. Pretty please.

Thanks Chase.

I was thinking quad quad, however the six horns was throwing me off.

My quad quad male (adult) had a third set of horns that were very small but did not really grow too much. The horns were about the size of your male's

Chase

Yep, they are quick. Gene was a little quicker though. ;) We'll see if that gets deleted.

If I knew how to convey the sound of a whistle while I'm looking around for something to divert attention to, this post would be funnier. Sorry.

Laurie, Cheryl, pictures???? Please. Pretty please.

Here are a few pics taken of the gracilior male taken the morning of the day (1-10-15) Cheryl took over the chameleon sitting duties. :) Unfortunately, none of these photos, especially the clearest photo of these three, show how orange some of his scales actually are. I didn't take nearly as many pics as I would have liked during the 18 days I had them, primarily because I didn't want to disturb them too much.

Attachments

• DSC04252.jpg
    DSC04252.jpg
    94 KB · Views: 134
  • DSC04254.jpg
    DSC04254.jpg
    69.8 KB · Views: 139
  • DSC04255.jpg
    DSC04255.jpg
    65.4 KB · Views: 159
Perry- could I see an overhead shot of his head? I'm actually thinking he is a quad quad based on his tailfin and the way his horns look.

Chase

I posted a shot of the top of his head in the thread titled "KY quad shipment". His horns are longer and his dorsal crest is not as tall as I generally see in the quad quads.

Back
Top Bottom