New Pygmy Viv

dragongoddess

Established Member
I loved how this new viv came out and just wanted to share.

Here is the tank planning with dry plant set up.
IMG_1577.JPG

Here is after fully set up with cham on back wall

IMG_1597.JPG

Top view :)

IMG_1589.JPG

Find the pygmy Cham :p
IMG_4297.JPG

Hope you enjoyed my little slide show.

I finished this tank two weeks ago and I'm already getting new plant growth. Hope to be working on two more this weekend.

No I have a syringe adapted to a small tube I can syphon with, behind the cork back.
I'm getting ready to set mine up, and been anguishing on weather I should drill the glass or not. I'm just not sure how much water will accumulate if it's a lot, and it will have to be evacuated and watched carefully all the time. I'm probably going to go for it what's the worse that can happen right. LOL

I have several planted glass vivs and very rarely need to take out excess water. I don't know if drilling a hole is necessary. Instead, I put a small plastic bottle ,with the bottom cut off, in a corner, so that it goes directly to the hydroton layer. That way if too much water builds up, I can take a turkey baster and suction it out. And the bottle top keeps stuff from falling in.

Oral Medication syringe with aquarium pump tubing. Install and leave the tubing behind the cork background for easy hook up and syphoning of water. You can only take out 10 ml at a time but I thought it was an easier idea than drilling the glass. :)
I haven't had to use it yet (2 weeks). Water leave has stayed under the mesh/soil level. Plants and moss doing great.
IMG_1621.JPG

Okay @MelissaB and @dragongoddess you guys have convinced me. Didn't have to twist my arm much at all to be honest wasn't looking forward to drilling that expensive terrarium. After all I can always go back and do it later if it becomes too much of an issue.

You probably know this,but make sure the bottom can be drilled,alot of times they use tempered glass for tanks and it can break if drilled. Just food for thought.

Back
Top Bottom