New Pothos/Enclosures!

yodathepanther

Established Member
Today we purchased two Gold Capella Pothos one for Mac and one for Yoda, they really seem to enjoy it and all the water it is able to hold. Have misted their cages and given them some time to adjust and they instantly started exploring their cages and drinking lots of water. I really like the touch it gives the cages and cant wait for them to grow!

Macs enclosure after the adjustments with a picture included of him about to enjoy some water after a misting
E9B290CC-2DDD-4213-8186-52692CF15394.jpeg
8DC07B3B-FB90-426C-B708-E882D1077D19.jpeg
5C0DB844-E376-485F-8385-2839522BCEC2.jpeg

Yodas enclosure after the adjustments were made
8EE38D45-F724-4496-ADDE-7603688F192B.jpeg
339080F8-AE80-4EF3-A847-98929F906747.jpeg

May your Schefflera's live long and prosper. Mine never made it more than a year.

On a side note, those silk leaves "may" promote mold if they dont dry out, so you might want to swap them for plastic if you find a deal. Just think about your cham drinking off the sink sponge, yes it could be fresh and clean, or the alternative....

May your Schefflera's live long and prosper. Mine never made it more than a year.

On a side note, those silk leaves "may" promote mold if they dont dry out, so you might want to swap them for plastic if you find a deal. Just think about your cham drinking off the sink sponge, yes it could be fresh and clean, or the alternative....
Should i maybe trim some the bundles so more light can reach the bottom (thin it out) i dont know if you can do it with this plant. Also what do you mean by plastic. So far i noticed the pant doea hold water good and it does dry out. Ill keep a eye on it. Lets hope for the best!

Should i maybe trim some the bundles so more light can reach the bottom (thin it out) i dont know if you can do it with this plant. Also what do you mean by plastic. So far i noticed the pant doea hold water good and it does dry out. Ill keep a eye on it. Lets hope for the best!

The Scheff requires ALOT of light. I could keep hibiscus alive with my double bulb t5ho setup and basking spot, but it wasnt enough for the scheffs.

By plastic plants i just mean non silk, they are made of cut pieces of plastic and are water proof. I guess you could call them low end fake plants.

The Scheff requires ALOT of light. I could keep hibiscus alive with my double bulb t5ho setup and basking spot, but it wasnt enough for the scheffs.

By plastic plants i just mean non silk, they are made of cut pieces of plastic and are water proof. I guess you could call them low end fake plants.
And as for the cutting idea do you think i can do that? I want to get a plant light but i dont know if thats to much light for my chams eyes. Hopefully they dont just die. im trying to add live plants for humidity.

And as for the cutting idea do you think i can do that? I want to get a plant light but i dont know if thats to much light for my chams eyes. Hopefully they dont just die. im trying to add live plants for humidity.

You will definitely need some lights for the plants, common ones are in the 6500k range, but there are a lot of options. They will not hurt your cham's eyes.

I have had good luck with multiple 35 watt halogen floods on problem plants. The plants will literally grow towards them and crowd out any basking spot they made.

this is what im running now:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01BTRYW1A
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00WN6H26E

Thats spreading out 140 watts over 18" or more, odds are you could get 2-2.5ft with some angles.

Back
Top Bottom