New plant, new treat

PoseidonTheChameleon

Chameleon Enthusiast
Poseidon has found his new pothos plant, he has never eaten plants before. This is a sign to those who think your cham will never eat plants...its never to late for them to pick up a new hobby 😂

Attachments

• 20210524_123635.jpg
    20210524_123635.jpg
    138.5 KB · Views: 51
Poseidon has found his new pothos plant, he has never eaten plants before. This is a sign to those who think your cham will never eat plants...its never to late for them to pick up a new hobby 😂
This is actually a great sign. Little man is feeling better and acting like a healthy Veiled. So happy to see him thriving now. You have done really well with him.

he may always be a bit smaller due to the parasite you were dealing with. Just keep feeding him well like you are. But seeing him do actually Veiled cham behavior is really a good thing.
Yeah he eats about 15 to 20 bugs a day, boy does he eat. I got some bsfl so I can make the crickets last a little longer 😂 I'm buying crickets every couple weeks.

Yeah he eats about 15 to 20 bugs a day, boy does he eat. I got some bsfl so I can make the crickets last a little longer 😂 I'm buying crickets every couple weeks.
Yeah that is what I would expect with feeding crickets. Have you started adding in small dubia yet? This is a great time to introduce them when he has a lot of other feeders. He should pick the dubia off as well rather then pick and choose. BSFL are great. Have you gotten flies yet? This will be a great enrichment feeder for him and allow him to really work his tongue.

Yeah that is what I would expect with feeding crickets. Have you started adding in small dubia yet? This is a great time to introduce them when he has a lot of other feeders. He should pick the dubia off as well rather then pick and choose. BSFL are great. Have you gotten flies yet? This will be a great enrichment feeder for him and allow him to really work his tongue.
So dubias are illegal and discoid were $10 for 10 in the only place I could find them 🙄
second, my screen has too big of holes to put flies in 😂 I should have thought of these things before building an enclosure.

You'd never catch me keeping any kind of roach in my apartment. Crickets, mealworms on occasion and hornworms for lots of water seems to be a good balance for me personally, I luckily have a pet store close by which carries hornworms from time to time.

So dubias are illegal and discoid were $10 for 10 in the only place I could find them 🙄
second, my screen has too big of holes to put flies in 😂 I should have thought of these things before building an enclosure.
Cant you put a layer of aluminum screen on the outside? Dang I always forget you have the illegal issue. @MissSkittles where do you get discoids?

I mean I guess I could, I'm not sure how that would look though 😂 I'm always wondering if my enclosure looks pretty.
I would be happy with some roaches, he would love them.
The only reason why flies are so good is because they have to really hunt them. Rather then just going to a feeder run and hitting a few inches away. Nothing like watching them fully hunt and extend their tongue. Maybe when you do an outdoor enclosure for him just do regular screen then you could put the flies out there.

I am pretty sure @MissSkittles feeds discoids. I don't since I have access to dubia.

The only reason why flies are so good is because they have to really hunt them. Rather then just going to a feeder run and hitting a few inches away. Nothing like watching them fully hunt and extend their tongue. Maybe when you do an outdoor enclosure for him just do regular screen then you could put the flies out there.

I am pretty sure @MissSkittles feeds discoids. I don't since I have access to dubia.
I would love to give him a challenge. Maybe one day I will do another enclosure or something. I really want to work with him on hand feeding, then I could get him outside and see if I can get him to eat some flies. I am not trying that in the house 😂

Back
Top Bottom