New panther owner, input welcome

He looks beautiful ! And he also seems a bit older than 5 months - also it's not weird for them to get picky and select out the food that they want to eat. In fact sometimes when I put multiple food items in the cup I am intrigued by which ones he chooses to eat and which ones he chooses to leave behind ! Sometimes it's better just to offer the food to them and let them make the choice :) and as far as hornworms go make sure you understand that they will grow very fast and they also keep in mind that they are meant to be more of a treat then anything else

Thank you for the compliment. I keep reading that here so might be the case. I'd guess him to be about 7 inches or 8 max.
The horn worms I was told to feed him 1 a day since they grow so fast. I will see how he reacts to them and might share them with a friend who also owns a cham.

He's a beauty! You can try silkworms if he won't go for the dubia. The cham in my pic over there <--- doesn't care for the roaches, either. They can't spit, exactly, but he will let it fall from his mouth after he crunches it to death. Then he looks at me as if to say, "Dude, that was a roach".

As for his size, that could be right for 5-6 months if he's going to be a big boy. Hilts was already a monster at that age, he's 291 grams now.

Haha. Mine is polite, he finishes what he snaps up but won't go for it anymore. I will try all different types. I want to try some flies as well. Heard blue bottle flies are fun for him.

Figured out a way to feed him the roaches. I give him 1 by hand in the am, then throw a few crickets in there for the rest of his meal. This way he gets 2 types.
Also gave him a meal worm for the 1st time today. Here is a picture of him enjoying it.
He also shed for the 1st time yesterday so his colors are amazingly beautiful today.

Attachments

• 20160328_165546.jpg
    20160328_165546.jpg
    257.6 KB · Views: 148
Beefed up his enclosure a little but with more angular branches and some more fake greens.
And of course got rid of the sub base as recommended.

Attachments

• 20160403_172639.jpg
    20160403_172639.jpg
    310.7 KB · Views: 134
Back
Top Bottom