new panther (nosy be)

Pieces

hey guys I just got this little guy ( to replace my female veiled) the store says hes about 2 months old and that hes a well he could you give me a rough estamate if he is a he and how old he is?? hes sitting on a pothos vine to give you a size reference.. also i was going to name him pieces as well but new names are always welcome.

Attachments

• DSC00274.JPG
    DSC00274.JPG
    87 KB · Views: 153
  • DSC00277.JPG
    DSC00277.JPG
    37.6 KB · Views: 137
  • DSC00272.JPG
    DSC00272.JPG
    93.2 KB · Views: 150
ARE YOU F-ING KIDDING ME>.... this place i tell you i housed a female vieled for 3 months cause thease A**holes said it was a male... then got egg bound... and learned it was a female... now this and yes i did... are you sure syn.... how do you tell......also any one in toronto never ever goto all reptiles..... there stupid/ more opinions please?? and thank you sorry im just really not happy.

Have to say I agree with syn. I think the tail base is a little thin to be a male, but then it is young, so it's very hard to tell.

Male veiled's have a tarsal spur. Sadly no indicator like that on a panther chameleon.

I'm not an expert (haha, I just posted a thread about whether MY nosy be is a he or she, too!), but the tan, almost rosy coloration in the third picture does seem to look like that of a female...

The people in that place don't seem to know much about sexing chams. If you HAVE to have a boy, you might want to just take her back and get one from one of the breeders on this site. Even they won't be able to tell you with 100% accuracy, but at least you know that the cham has been well taken care of and you'll probably have better odds of actually getting a male.

hey guys girls ladies gents... here is a up close of vent lemme know and thank you

Attachments

• DSC00285.JPG
    DSC00285.JPG
    66.4 KB · Views: 131
Im on my mobile phone but i think its a female as well!! Im going to take another look at it and if i dont change my post then i still that its a she.

Hi Pieces,

I am also in Toronto and the last place I would buy a cham from is this one. For what you payed, you could get a waaaaayyy better cham from Chroma chameleons, a site sponsor. He'll be a the show next week with some awesome quality animals. IMO the chams posted are also under weight. Forgot to say, looks like a female to me too.

Your very first picture post could go either way, but judging from all other pics. it looks like a she. Here's a few pics of chams close to the age, yours looks like. 1-pic is of male. 2-pic female. Males have a more gradual tapered tail base with slight bulge at this age, where as the girls tail will come up from just behind the back leg and go skinny rest of the way. These are subtle differences at this age. You should have a much clearer answer as to sex in a month or two.

Last edited:
hey pieces, you definatly have a female, the buldge that you are seeing is before the vent, not after. the buldge shuold be located closer to the base of the tail behind the vent.

id definatly buy from the site sponsors, as the current location you have obtained your animals don't seem compitent in what they are selling.

ok and im back.... sex please i think male.....

hey guys thanks for all the info.... this one here that i quoted is a different cham then the first 3 pics.... i just went and switched it... so lets try again or do you guys think its still a female...

Back
Top Bottom