New panther chameleon owner! Looking for experienced owners advice!

You can use aquarium air valve to make dripper work better valve they come with is basically on off. So I added another air line valve works great when I did use dripper

Looks like this. Just put on tip of of tubing and use one came with to turn on off

Attachments

• 16432235564661265155640716902232.jpg
    16432235564661265155640716902232.jpg
    46.6 KB · Views: 106
Do the ice cubes slow the flow? What’s their purpose?
Yep so they slowly melt... So the water lasts longer. If you put just water in there depending on your hole size and how many you put in the bottom it is going to flow out pretty quickly. With ice I can get a good 4 hours of dripping vs about 30 minutes with water. It is gravity fed so the more water the faster the flow. I use a sewing pin for the holes because they are tiny.

Yep so they slowly melt... So the water lasts longer. If you put just water in there depending on your hole size and how many you put in the bottom it is going to flow out pretty quickly. With ice I can get a good 4 hours of dripping vs about 30 minutes with water. It is gravity fed so the more water the faster the flow. I use a sewing pin for the holes because they are tiny.
I’ve been doing something similar to this, except that I use a ceramic plant pot (with a drainage hole in the bottom) to hold ice cubes. I’ve got a pothos situated directly beneath the pot sitting on top of the cage, so my chameleon can crawl over to the leaves the ice water has been dripping down onto and get a drink that way.

Back
Top Bottom