New owner. Tryin to figure out breed of flap neck chameleon!

Chachachameleon

Well i just got mine a few days ago, i think its a male but im not positive. Just tryin to figure out if its male or female. i dont want a bunch of stupid information about the breed, i just want to know the best way to figure out if its a male or female. thanks!

Can you post a clear picture of the tail base fron side on? If its a male it will have a bulge near the bottom of the tail, females don't have the bulge.

Well i just got mine a few days ago, i think its a male but im not positive. Just tryin to figure out if its male or female. i dont want a bunch of stupid information about the breed, i just want to know the best way to figure out if its a male or female. thanks!

Considering your new pet is wild caught and you don’t even know the sex of your chameleon you may appreciate a ‘bunch of stupid information’ in order to have it survive for you. There are many of us who keep and/or breed the Flapneck Chameleon; don’t alienate the people who can help you.

Can you post a clear picture of the tail base fron side on? If its a male it will have a bulge near the bottom of the tail, females don't have the bulge.

Correct. As well the males of some, but not all, sub-species of Flapneck Chameleons will have a tarsal spur. A few clear, in focus side-view pictures of the head, body and tail base will help us determine sex and maybe even species for you.

Reactions: Hoj
thanks for the quick response!

Well thanks for the picture idea ill take it soon. and it is not wild caught, the owner has breeders he purchases from. im pretty sure he said male but to be honest i didnt ask. Ive wanted one for a while ive done my research and i walked in a few times to this store and this chameleon was always super friendly with me so i walked in asked the guy what he wanted and we worked out a deal and i took him/her home. i know how to keep it alive, i was just curious if male or female

here ya go!

heres a picture of him/her. hope you guys can help me out! thanks

Attachments

• Photo on 10-28-12 at 12.36 PM.jpg
    Photo on 10-28-12 at 12.36 PM.jpg
    125.5 KB · Views: 214
Tryin to figure out male or female of flapneck!

I made another post and when people asked me to pist a pic i did and no one responded so ill try this again, but it wont let me post the pic of him. its a few posts down i posted the pic in there please help me out! thanks

I just checked out the picture, and it looks to be female. If you can get better pictures at the base of its tail, and post them in the "Chameleon Photography" section, I can look at them there. However, like I said it seems to be female, from the picture you've already uploaded.

-Chase

Back
Top Bottom