""New owner!!!" Making sure I set up kiwis cage right

Scherzanthony72

Hi my name is Anthony I recently bought a veiled chameleon from pets smart kiwi is his name he's a couple months old I'm guesing. But I wanna make sure he's comfortable and has everything he needs I built the cage and then I leave the door open with vines coming out of it to go up the wall of our living room and then another vine to a plant by the window for him to get natural morning sunlight, also is it okay if he likes to sleep out of his cage on the vine by the ceiling? Any suggestions would def help I wanna make sure he has everything he needs to be happy

Attachments

• IMG_20200613_111618.jpg
    IMG_20200613_111618.jpg
    141.5 KB · Views: 69
IMG_20200613_111058.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_20200613_111051.jpg
    IMG_20200613_111051.jpg
    199.5 KB · Views: 110
  • IMG_20200613_111108.jpg
    IMG_20200613_111108.jpg
    101.6 KB · Views: 69
  • IMG_20200613_111111.jpg
    IMG_20200613_111111.jpg
    123.2 KB · Views: 82
Hi my name is Anthony I recently bought a veiled chameleon from pets smart kiwi is his name he's a couple months old I'm guesing. But I wanna make sure he's comfortable and has everything he needs I built the cage and then I leave the door open with vines coming out of it to go up the wall of our living room and then another vine to a plant by the window for him to get natural morning sunlight, also is it okay if he likes to sleep out of his cage on the vine by the ceiling? Any suggestions would def help I wanna make sure he has everything he needs to be happy

Hey Anthony, welcome to the forums! It would be super helpful if you could fill out the form I pasted below, it helps so we can know if there is anything that needs to be fixed to give Kiwi a great life! So far I would say your enclosure looks beautiful, but I am a bit worried about Kiwi's lighting situation. Also, when Kiwi falls asleep out on the vine is this during the day? Chameleons falling asleep during the day is a huge sign of sickness or stress, @Gingero talks all about it in her Sleep 101 video linked below. Once again, welcome to the forums, we all are here to help you on the amazing journey of owning a cham!

Healthcare form:

Chameleon Info:
  • Your Chameleon - The species, sex, and age of your chameleon. How long has it been in your care?
  • Handling - How often do you handle your chameleon?
  • Feeding - What are you feeding your cham? What amount? What is the schedule? How are you gut-loading your feeders?
  • Supplements - What brand and type of calcium and vitamin products are you dusting your feeders with and what is the schedule?
  • Watering - What kind of watering technique do you use? How often and how long to you mist? Do you see your chameleon drinking?
  • Fecal Description - Briefly note colors and consistency from recent droppings. Has this chameleon ever been tested for parasites?
  • History - Any previous information about your cham that might be useful to others when trying to help you.

Cage Info:
  • Cage Type - Describe your cage (Glass, Screen, Combo?) What are the dimensions?
  • Lighting - What brand, model, and types of lighting are you using? What is your daily lighting schedule?
  • Temperature - What temp range have you created (cage floor to basking spot)? Lowest overnight temp? How do you measure these temps?
  • Humidity - What are your humidity levels? How are you creating and maintaining these levels? What do you use to measure humidity?
  • Plants - Are you using live plants? If so, what kind?
  • Placement - Where is your cage located? Is it near any fans, air vents, or high traffic areas? At what height is the top of the cage relative to your room floor?
  • Location - Where are you geographically located?

Current Problem - The current problem you are concerned about.

--------------

Please Note:
  1. The more details you provide the better and more accurate help you will receive.
  2. Photos can be very helpful.

Link to Gingero's (amazing) Sleep 101 video:

Back
Top Bottom